OTTAWA, Jan. 17, 2020 /CNW/ - On behalf of the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Marie-France Lalonde, Member of Parliament for Orléans, will welcome 20 families from 20 countries as new citizens at Canadian Tire Centre.
These new members of the Canadian family will be joined by Jim Little, CEO, Ottawa Senators and Ismail Ayyoub, Pan American Games gold medalist who received his citizenship at a ceremony hosted by the Ottawa Senators in February 2019.
Date: Saturday, January 18, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m. (local time)
Canadian Tire Centre
1000 Palladium Drive
Notes for media:
- Please R.S.V.P to IRCC media relations by Friday January 17 at 4:00 p.m.
- Media should arrive no later than 12:45 p.m.
- Media please use the Gate 3 entrance.
- Event will take place in Section 116 of the arena bowl.
- Photography and video are permitted during the ceremony.
SOURCE Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
For further information: (media only): Media Relations, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, National Headquarters, 613-952-1650, [email protected]; Carrie Croft, Senior Director, Communications, Senators Sports and Entertainment, [email protected]