MONTRÉAL, May 21, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Estrie resident Mathieu Fontaine takes daily walks with his daughter, however this one will forever stick in his mind. It was then that he found out he won $25,000 a year for life in the April 6 Grande Vie draw.
- Mathieu buys Grande Vie lottery tickets from time to time. It's only recently that he started buying them online.
- He decided to check his lottery tickets while out on a walk with his daughter, who was sleeping peacefully at the time. He took out his phone and opened the Loto-Québec Lotteries app.
- The winner couldn't believe it when he saw the $25,000 a-year-for-life bonus prize on his screen. He just kept on walking, the whole time staring at his phone.
- When he got home, he called out to his spouse in a serious tone. Worried at first, she soon realized that what Mathieu wanted to share was good news. "She was jumping for joy, while I just still couldn't believe it!" recalled the lucky winner.
- With his windfall, Mathieu says he has every intention of keeping his lifestyle the same... But getting rid of the financial stresses!
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices on March 18. Winners of prizes of $25,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket are invited to contact Loto-Québec's Customer Service team. All other prizes can be claimed by mail.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who've won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. We advise them to hold on to their ticket(s); they'll be able to claim their prize when things get back to normal. The payment terms for prizes won at lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2019, Loto-Québec paid out 88 prizes of $1 million or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 23 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.
Lotteries site loteries.lotoquebec.com/en/home
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Media and Public Affairs, Loto-Québec and its subsidiaries, 514-499-5130, [email protected], twitter.com/patricelavoie; For more information: Renaud Dugas, Senior Advisor, Media and Public Affairs, Loto-Québec and its subsidiaries, 514-499-5208, [email protected], Lotteries site loteries.lotoquebec.com/en/home