WATERLOO, ON , March 9, 2020 /CNW/ - Through a creative and collaborative effort, the SE Career College of Health and five community organizations are coming together to offer Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate training at no cost for qualified students – to meet the growing demand for PSWs in the field.
PSWs are essential in helping patients remain at home, assisting in delivering home and community care, and providing services in long-term care and retirement homes. The growing demand for PSW care is felt in all communities across the Waterloo-Wellington region and this program is a way for students to obtain a PSW certificate while working as a Home Support Worker (HSW) for the first four weeks.
The SE Career College of Health and PSW programs are registered and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
An upcoming session of the program will take place in Cambridge on March 30, 2020. The program includes:
- Four weeks of paid Home Support Worker (HSW) training: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Five months of Personal Support Worker (PSW) training: Monday to Friday 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.
For more information and to express interest in the PSW or HSW program, please contact any of the sponsoring organizations below:
- Care Partners - Andrew Doppler, [email protected]
- CBI - Nicole Cheyne, [email protected] Phone: 519-576-3570
- Closing the Gap - Cyndi Sudac-Carino, [email protected] Phone: 519-823-2784 ext. 2036
- Independent Living Centre of Waterloo Region - Kelly Stamper, [email protected] Phone: 519-571-6788 ext. 7488
- Bayshore - Liz Snelgrove, [email protected] Phone: 519-281-0815
SOURCE SE Health
For further information: Media inquiries: Sarah Quadri, Director, Corporate Communications, SE Health at (647) 612-7145 or [email protected]