OTTAWA, Sept. 2, 2016 /CNW/ - Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will host Savour Fall at Rideau Hall, an event celebrating the harvest season, on Saturday, September 10, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
This celebration is an opportunity to appreciate and enjoy the simple pleasures of fall. All activities are for the entire family to enjoy, free of charge and will take place rain or shine.
You are invited to:
- Taste culinary delights prepared by the Rideau Hall kitchen brigade and leading chefs from across the region, with the assistance of local culinary students;
- Tour the kitchen garden, the private gardens and greenhouses, and get gardening tips from National Capital Commission horticultural experts;
- Explore the residence's State rooms and get tips from the Governor General's hospitality experts on how to receive guests for special occasions;
- Meet with local producers and agricultural groups, and taste samples of their products;
- Participate in fun children's activities: face painting and crafts;
- Put on your dancing shoes and enjoy live musical performances.
Make it a giving moment by bringing non-perishable food items for Moisson Outaouais and the Ottawa Food Bank.
Access to Rideau Hall and Parking
Due to construction activities on the site, public access to Savour Fall will be via the Sussex, Thomas or Mackay Pedestrian Gates only. Parking is available on the surrounding streets.
Only members of the public with mobility restrictions will be permitted to access the grounds via the Princess Gate. Please contact us in advance to reserve as a limited number of parking spaces will be available for mobility restricted guests, on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Media wishing to cover the event are asked to confirm their attendance with the Rideau Hall Press Office. Their Excellencies will meet with participants on the grounds at approximately 1 p.m.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Governor General of Canada
Renseignements: Media information: Emily Keogh, Rideau Hall Press Office, 613-993-2569, [email protected]