The Honourable Julian Fantino presents commendations at a ceremony in Vancouver
VANCOUVER, Sept. 11, 2014 /CNW/ - The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today honoured the following British Columbia residents with commendations for their exemplary service to Veterans:
- Ronald C. Bannister, Penticton
- Reverend Gordon William Barrett, North Vancouver
- S. Julie Clements, West Vancouver
- Richard H. Davenport, Gibsons
- Murray E. Doull, Maple Ridge
- Barry William Drews, Mission
- Ross Martin Gulkison, North Vancouver
- Wayne Knight, Okanagan Falls
- Roy Mosdell, North Vancouver
- Elizabeth Pratt, Langley
- Michael Pratt, Langley
- Frank Joseph Smyth, Coquitlam
- Sonny Son, Coquitlam
- Graeme A. Stacey, Kelowna
The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation is awarded to individuals who have contributed to the care and well-being of Veterans or to the remembrance of the contributions, sacrifices and achievements of Veterans.
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Commendation is intended primarily for Veterans, but may be awarded to non-Veterans in recognition of their service to the Veterans community.
- To date, 137 British Columbians have received the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation.
"It is a privilege to recognize the selfless efforts of these dedicated individuals who have generously given of their time and energy to support and care for our Veterans. Their exemplary contributions are indicative of the enormous respect and gratitude shared by all Canadians for the men and women who have served in uniform."
The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs
"I offer my heartfelt congratulations to these dedicated British Columbians for their commitment to Canada's Veterans. They are most deserving of this recognition and I applaud them for their efforts to better the lives of our men and women who have served in uniform."
The Honourable James Moore, Minister of Industry & Minister Responsible for British Columbia.
SOURCE: Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Barbara Mottram, Director of Communications, Office of the Minister of Veterans of Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468