OTTAWA, June 8, 2015 /CNW/ - Scientists, who include 12 Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada, 22 Members of the US National Academy of Science, 5 Recipients of the Order of Canada, and a Nobel Prize winner, to release a consensus position on oil sands and new web site with supporting information.
What: Telephone Press Conference
When: Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 10 a.m. PST, 1 p.m. EST
- Local dial-in number: 613-244-1312, Toll-free dial-in number (Canada/US): 1 855-344-7722
- Conference ID: 2529249
Scientists on the call will include the following, who will also be available for interview following the press conference.
- Thomas Homer-Dixon, PhD, Professor, Balsillie School of International Affairs, University of Waterloo.
- Mark Jaccard, PhD, Professor, School of Resource and Environmental Management, Simon Fraser University
- Ken Lertzman, PhD, Professor, School of Resource and Environmental Management, Simon Fraser University
- Wendy J. Palen, PhD, Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University
- Thomas D. Sisk, PhD, Professor and Olajos-Goslow Chair of Environmental Science and Policy, School of Earth Science and Environmental Sustainability, Northern Arizona University
SOURCE 100 leading Scientists
Renseignements: For more information and interview requests, please contact: Heather Badenoch, Media coordinator, (613) 859-8232; firstname.lastname@example.org