- With average audience of 2 million viewers, MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. is the first new series in a decade to rank in the Top 4 among all key demos -
- Featuring guest star Samuel L. Jackson, last night's season finale was watched by 1.7 million Canadians -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1lgHGvj
TORONTO, May 14, 2014 /CNW/ - CTV's MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. wrapped up a record-breaking inaugural season last night as the most-watched program Tuesday night among key demos with a preliminary overnight audience of 1.7 million viewers. The series capped off its freshman season as the #1 new series of the 2013/2014 broadcast year with total viewers and in all key demos, with an average audience of 2 million viewers. MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. becomes the first new fall series in a decade to rank in the Top 4 among all key demos (#2 A18-34, #3 A18-49, and #4 A25-54), and is the only new series of the broadcast year to rank in the Top 10 with total viewers.
Last night's gripping season finale saw the return of guest star Samuel L. Jackson and a new job for Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg, The Avengers), as the team put everything on the line to stop the forces of HYDRA. The season finale was:
- The #1 program of the day among all key demos, MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. led Global's NCIS (+92% A18-34, +56% A18-49, +38% A25-54), almost doubling its A18-34 audience, as well as NCIS: LA (+40% A18-34, +46% A18-49, +42% A25-54).
- The #1 non-sports program of the night in all markets in the key A18-49 demo, and won in Toronto with total viewers and in all key demos.
- Led Monday's season finale of THE BLACKLIST by 11%.
**Media Note** - Download photos from MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. at BellMediaPR.ca
Starring Clark Gregg (The Avengers) as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen (EUREKA) as Melinda May, Brett Dalton (BLUE BLOODS) as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet (NASHVILLE) as Skye, Elizabeth Henstridge (HOLLYOAKS) as Jemma Simmons, and Iain De Caestecker (Filth) as Leo Fitz, episodes of MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. are available on demand at CTV.ca and on CTV GO.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, Ranking based on broadcast year to date final data (Sept. 23, 2013 - May 4, 2014).
Historical rankings based on Fall-Winter-Spring regularly scheduled programs
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.