Kathleen Wynne today doubled down on her attack ads on popular leader Andrea Horwath.
TORONTO, May 12, 2014 /CNW/ - The attacks show the Liberals are getting desperate as they try to run from a record marred by spending scandals. The Liberal campaign is clearly concerned that Andrea Horwath is connecting with real families and focusing on people's priorities: creating jobs and making life more affordable. People hear a plan that makes sense and they know it's time for change.
The Liberals made 70 new promises for next year but have still failed to deliver on 3 promises made last year:
- A promise of 5 day wait for homecare;
- A promise to reduce auto insurance rates by 15%; and
- A promise to get a Financial Accountability Office up and running.
5 Liberal scandals and counting (http://goo.gl/GdC8ba):
- $1.1-billion, the cost of Liberal gas plant scandal and cover up after plants cancelled to save Liberal seats - criminal investigation underway;
- $1-billion spent by Ornge, as privatized air ambulance service splurges millions on CEO salaries and speed boats - criminal investigation underway;
- $2.5-billion spent on Pan AM Games, as CEOs fill their boots and security costs skyrocket amid questionable contracts - Auditor General investigating;
- $1.1-billion wasted on eHealth, as tax dollars blown on untendered contracts given to highly paid consultants – Auditor General report slams Liberals.
- $1.4-billion spent on Windsor Parkway, as Liberals fail to act on known safety flaws with more than 500 girders - Confidential documents reveal mismanagement.
1 leader who will deliver change:
- Andrea Horwath will stand up for middle class families, create jobs, and make life more affordable by lowering your bills
SOURCE: New Democratic Party of Ontario
For further information: Media contact: Alex Callahan, 416-591-5455 x2386