Built To Work Contest Recognizes Those Who Get the Job Done Right with Free Dickies Gear and a Grand Prize Trip to a Championship Game
FORT WORTH, Texas, June 25, 2013 /CNW/ - Leading global workwear maker Dickies and hardworking pitcher R.A. Dickey are launching the Built To Work Facebook contest, recognizing the dedication and contributions of workers from all walks of life. As a man Built To Work both on and off the field, Dickey has teamed up with the iconic workwear brand to find people like him whose hard work ethics extend to all aspects of their lives.
"I'm a hands-on guy and have worn Dickies for years for all sorts of projects," says R.A. Dickey. "The clothes are comfortable, durable and help me get the job done right. I'm excited to work with them on the Built To Work program."
For nearly a century, Dickies has outfitted workers with durable workwear that provides all-day comfort and quality at an unmatched value. Dickies purpose-built workwear allows workers to take on any challenge with the peace of mind that they'll be comfortable and protected while doing so.
"Dickies and R.A. Dickey are a perfect match," says Matthew McCartin, head of marketing for Dickies. "He truly embodies the brand's mentality of hard work and dedication no matter the task at hand. That's definitely something our consumers can relate to, whether they're on or off the job."
The Dickies Built To Work contest is an extension of the brand's recently launched Built To Work advertising campaign, which will run through the back-to-school and holiday seasons. The campaign celebrates workers from a variety of industries who put in an honest, hard day's work both on and off the job. Distributed via digital and print channels, the campaign's concise, direct language highlights iconic Dickies workwear attributes including functionality, comfort, fit and durability. Ongoing communications reinforce that the Dickies brand and products are designed for hard work no matter the task at hand.
Now through September 29, R.A. and Dickies are asking people to show how they are Built To Work. Consumers may upload an image or video to the Dickies Facebook page in response to revolving work themes for a chance to win purpose-built Dickies pants and the grand prize trip for two to a Championship Game this year. Dickies judges will select the best weekly winners showing people rolling up their sleeves, doing projects with purpose or simply getting the job done. New categories are posted every two weeks on the Dickies Facebook page, including:
- Daily Grind: Show us what you do, day in and day out, to get the job done
- Dad Made it Work: Pay homage to Dad and submit photos of dads in workwear, a project with dad, a trick dad taught you, etc.
- Around the Clock: Show us how you're Built To Work when you're off the clock – whether it's a second job, hobby, home improvement project or otherwise
- Wear and Tear: Whether you were left grease-stained or mud-soaked, submit a photo or video showing us what a hard day's work looks like for you
- Kids Get the Job Done: Submit your favorite family project where the kids helped or a project you completed for your kids (tree house, etc.)
- Adventures in Home Improvement: Submit your proudest DIY home project; whether you've added a deck, finished your basement or remodeled your kitchen, we want to see how you are Built To Work at home
- Dickies Gets the Job Done: Show us how Dickies gear helps you get the job done
Dickies Facebook fans will vote for the grand prize winner from the pool of weekly winners October 2 -- October 11, 2013. For more information on R.A. Dickey and Dickies Built To Work, official rules and a chance to be deemed the weekly Built To Work winner, and grand prize winner, visit www.facebook.com/Dickies.
About Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.
Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. is the world's leading provider of authentic work apparel, specializing in innovative performance work wear since 1922. The company offers premium quality products at an unmatched value across a vast assortment of apparel, footwear, and licensed goods in more than 100 countries. Williamson-Dickie operates through wholly-owned affiliates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan and the Middle East; exclusive licensees and distributors in Africa and the Asia Pacific region; and under the Dickies®, Workrite®, Kodiak®, Terra®, Van Moer®, Walls®, Big Smith®, 10X®, Liberty® and Duxbak® brands. For more information, visit www.williamsondickie.com.
SOURCE: Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.
For further information: