NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2014 /CNW/ - More than 125 business leaders and entrepreneurs gathered at 7 World Trade Centre, NYC last night to celebrate the best of large business innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, hosted by Market Gravity, recognize game changing innovation and entrepreneurship from within large companies. The corporate entrepreneur is often an unsung hero in the business and the corporate entrepreneur awards provide a much-deserved platform for celebrating the hard work individuals and teams have done to deliver fundamental business and customer changes, often against all odds.
Alberta BoostR is a rewards based crowdfunding platform that helps local businesses seek funding from their supporters who recognize their value. In return, the businesses offer a reward or something of value in kind to their supporters. It both provides an alternative way to secure funding, and is a tool for SMBs to market their business. It has driven both retention and acquisition for ATB Financial.
What the judges said about the ATB Financial entry: "Great to see a Government-owned bank embracing innovation with an innovative crowdfunding model"
More than 40 multinational organizations submitted nominations for the awards across five categories. Now in its fifth year, the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, recognized winners in five categories:
- Best New Product – A product innovation that has redefined its industry or category
- Best New Service – A service innovation that has redefined its industry or category
- Beyond the Core – An innovation that has taken a company into a new market or category
- Social Impact – An innovation that has had a positive social or environmental impact
- People's Choice Award - Voted for by attendees at the event
The Finalists in each category demonstrated innovative thinking in their approaches, along with the resilience and agility needed to make new things happen – a facet of corporate entrepreneurship echoed by the evening's host, Dan Taylor – Managing Director at Market Gravity.
All Finalists (Winners Indicated In Bold)
Best New Product
- Blackberry - Passport
- Moleskine - Livescribe
- Nissan - NV200 Taxi
- Reebok - CHECKLIGHT
Best New Service
- 3M - Post-it Note App
- Assurant - Protect Your Bubble
- Braintree - v.Zero SDK
- IHG - EVEN Hotels
- Thomson Reuters - Social Media Monitor
Beyond the Core
- ATB Financial - Alberta BoostR
- Citibank - Citi Mobile Challenge
- General Electric - GE & Quirky
- L'Oreal - Make Up Genius
- Marriott - #TravelBrilliantly
- Barclays - Extending Access to Financial Services
- Citi - Citi Bike
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare - EatRight Rewards
- Nike - Making App
- United Health Group -Not Me
People's Choice Award
- ATB Financial - Alberta BoostR
About Market Gravity
Market Gravity is a specialist growth, innovation and new proposition design consultancy. We work with the world's leading companies to design innovative new services in an entrepreneurial way. Uniquely, we combine commercial consulting, market research and design & prototyping skills under one roof.
For more information visit: www.marketgravity.com
SOURCE: ATB Financial
Renseignements: Victoria Taylor at Market Gravity, Victoria.Taylor@marketgravity.com or 917 691 2721