Senior industry experts confirm their participation in high level conference programme
LONDON, Jan. 27, 2014 /CNW/ - The Airport Cities World Conference & Exhibition is the global platform providing thought leadership, best practice, innovation and high-level debate and discussion around the creation and development of airport cities. The conference programme explores how they stimulate economic growth and drive commercial benefits, developing both as cities in their own right and as unique business and tourist destinations.
Hosted by Malaysia Airports and taking place from 31 March - 2 April in Kuala Lumpur the event will showcase KLIA's Aeropolis development plan as well as providing unique insights into some of the most exciting and innovative airport city and aerotropolis models within the wider Asia region.
This year's event promises a comprehensive two-day conference programme consisting of a number of panel discussions involving high-level speakers. Professor John D. Kasarda, Director of the Center for Air Commerce at the University of North Carolina, who will be chairing the conference, commented: "Kuala Lumpur promises to be the most information packed airport cities conference to date. Worldwide airport city and aerotropolis developments, opportunities, and challenges will be addressed with especially in-depth coverage by leaders from the Asia-Pacific region."
Alex Kirby, Executive Vice President, Airport Cities for UBM Live, organizers of the event added: "UBM is delighted to bring Airport Cities to the ASEAN region for the first time in its 13 year history. Our Hosts, Malaysia Airports, are located at the very heart of Asia, the most dynamic and fastest growing region in the aviation sector. Our guests can look forward to a warm Malaysian welcome and another enjoyable, engaging and highly informative gathering of the global aviation community. I look forward to welcoming all our guests personally in KL."
Confirmed speakers so far include CEOs and other senior representatives from airports, tourism authorities and other stakeholders involved in the development of Airport City projects such as; David Fei, CEO of Taoyuan International Airport Corporation and Dr. Mustafa Sani Sener, President and Group CEO of TAV Airports Holding Co. who will both be speaking at the event for the first time.
Sessions covered during the first day will include The Global Airport Cities Report: The Latest Project News With A Special Focus On Lessons Learned In Overcoming Major Challenges and The Role of Airport Cities in Urban Renewal and Economic Development. Further confirmed speakers on day one include; Atty. Arnel Casanova, President and CEO, Bases Conversion Development Authority, The Philippines; John Atkins, Managing Director, Manchester Airport Group Developments and Zhang Yanming, Director of the Administrative Committee for Zhengzhou Airport Experimental Economic Zone who will be representing an ambitious project currently taking place in Zhengzhou.
The programme for day two will be split into two streams. The first covering planning and implementation whilst the second, concentrating on commercial development, will discuss the best ways to maximise commercial opportunities within Airport City. Confirmed speakers for these sessions include; Tri S. Sunoko, President, Angkasa Pura II, Indonesia; Khun Sasisubha Sukontasap, Senior Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited and Myron Keehn, Vice President of Commercial Development, Edmonton International Airport.
Now in its 13th year the 2014 event continues to unite the entire 'Airport City' community with senior decision makers attending from airports, airlines, economic development agencies, financial institutions, real estate & urban development companies, industry suppliers and global & regional businesses.
Notes to Editors
About Global Airport Cities
- GlobalAirportCities.com is the online community website for attendees of the annual Airport Cities World conference and Exhibition (ACE), and anyone with an interest in the issues surrounding airport cities and aerotropoli.
- During its 10-year journey around the globe, a number of major international airports and pioneers of the Aerotropolis concept have hosted the Airport Cities conference, including Dubai, Detroit, Rome, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Beijing, Dallas, Memphis and now Denver.
- The Airport Cities brand was acquired by UBM in 2012 and from 1st August 2012 Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition, the Aerotropolis events and the Routes and ASM businesses became part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Aerotropolis Americas, Aerotropolis EMEA and Airport Cities, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @AirportCities #AirportCitiesKL
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE: Airport Cities UBM Live
Renseignements: For further press information please contact: Natasha Peck, Head of Marketing Routes & Airport Cities, T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730, E: [email protected]