TORONTO, Dec. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - Just in time for the holidays, LOTTO MAX hits triple digits! Taking it to the MAX, the LOTTO MAX jackpot for Friday, December 20, 2013 is an estimated $50 Million plus there are an estimated 50 MAXMILLIONS prizes worth $1 million each. That's $100 million in top prize money up for grabs!
"With a $50 Million jackpot and 50 MAXMILLIONS for the taking, LOTTO MAX is offering an epic amount of prizing this Friday," says Wendy Montgomery, OLG Vice President, Lottery Marketing & Sales. "With 51 chances to win $1 Million or more with one ticket, any adult could be Canada's newest millionaire – as long as they purchase a ticket."
Five $50 Million LOTTO MAX Facts:
- This is the fourth time ever that LOTTO MAX has offered a $50 Million jackpot plus 50 MAXMILLIONS. The last time was over a year ago, for the November 2, 2012 draw.
- The $50 Million LOTTO MAX jackpot was most recently won in Ontario this past summer for the July 5, 2013 draw by a group of 6 from Peterborough.
- This is the 10th time in 2013 that LOTTO MAX is offering a $50 Million jackpot plus MAXMILLIONS prizes.
- The $50 Million LOTTO MAX jackpot has been won 11 times by a single winning ticket sold in Ontario.
- There have been three times that winners in Ontario have shared a $50 Million LOTTO MAX jackpot with a winning ticket sold in another province.
Since its launch in September 2009, Ontario LOTTO MAX players have won over $1.9 billion in prizes, including 31 jackpot wins and 176 winning MAXMILLIONS tickets from all across the province.
For each $5 play, LOTTO MAX players receive three sets of seven numbers ranging from one to forty-nine. Players must match all seven numbers, in any one set, to win the jackpot and the MAXMILLIONS prizes.
Players can purchase tickets at authorized OLG retailers until 9 p.m. Friday, December 20, 2013 for the draw that evening.
This Friday night…$100 Million available to be won. Take it to the MAX!
OLG is a provincial agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG has provided nearly $38 billion to the Province and the people of Ontario. OLG's annual payments to the Province have helped support health care; education, research, prevention and treatment of problem gambling; amateur sport through the QUEST FOR GOLD program; and local and provincial charities.
OLG is modernizing Lottery and Gaming for a better Ontario
Follow us on Twitter @modern_olg
"Know Your Limit. Play Within it"
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
For further information: OLG MEDIA RELATIONS, 1.888.946.6716