Strong results see Bing Ads becoming must-have channel for search advertisers in multiple sectors
TORONTO, June 24, 2014 /CNW/ - Growing success in generating better, stronger new business leads from search advertising driven through Bing Ads is prompting marketers to increasingly utilize Bing Ads to connect with consumers.
Recent internal data from Microsoft shows 5.6 billion searches per month worldwide are being logged on the Yahoo! Bing network, and more than 400 billion ads served per year. Metrics from comScore's Buying Power Index shows searchers on the Yahoo! Bing network spend more than Google searchers.
"What began as positive anecdotal feedback is now translating into genuine enthusiasm and quantifiable advantages for a growing number of our partners in the search engine marketing sector and among the entrepreneurs and businesses they serve," said Kevin Hunter, Search Advertising Lead, Microsoft Canada. "It has shifted dramatically from 'I guess I'll give it a whirl' to 'Bing Ads really delivers effective results for our clients,' and that's really gratifying to see."
Bing Ads are proving especially effective in search marketing categories where targeting specific consumer and business verticals is key:
- "Bing Ads is definitely a core part of the work we do. When we engage with Bing Ads on a campaign we're able to drive visitors at a lower cost, and the traffic tends to be more highly engaged and more ready to buy." Dan Van Meer, Account Director, Search Engine People
- "We find that Bing Ads converts visitors to customers better and at a lower cost. They're spending more time on our site, viewing more pages, checking out prices and finding dealer locations." Cynthia Bouris, Manager of Media Development and Online, Subaru Canada
- "Marketers are becoming increasingly irritated by the cost per click of other search engine advertising. On Bing Ads I can see what people are searching for, and if it generate an unintended result, I can take it out, so that only people who want to buy their product are seeing their ad. Gaining insight into search terms is paramount to success - and Bing Ads seems more concerned with helping advertisers succeed than capitalizing on their oversights." Darian Schouten, Social Media Coordinator, TechWyse
- "We find our clients get a better return on investment through Bing Ads and Yahoo. The cost is lower and the people clicking through into our clients' ads tend to be higher quality customers, and that makes our offering that much more efficient." Carrie Shaw, Head of Marketing, Rogers Outrank
Bing Ads has recently added a number of new user tools improvements, including four major interface redesigns and 19 new time-saving functions. And coming soon to Canada are eye-catching Product Ads, which enable merchants to serve ads with images, promotional text, pricing and their company name. Bing Product Ads offer an average click-through rate that is 45 per cent higher than simple text ads on other platforms* and reach 31 million retail searchers who don't use Google in the U.S. (according to comCast).
About Bing Ads
When it comes to finding more customers online, businesses can connect with a vast, high-quality audience using Bing search advertising. With one ad buy through Bing Ads, advertisers are able to reach millions of unique searchers on the Yahoo! Bing network worldwide1 — searchers who spend more than the average internet searcher.2 Bing ads is a great way for small businesses to reach their best customers when they are searching and in decision-making mode, and it provides advertisers with complete control over their budget. For more information, visit http://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-ca/home.
About Microsoft Canada
Established in 1985, Microsoft Canada Inc. is the Canadian subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq "MSFT") the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Microsoft Canada provides nationwide sales, marketing, consulting and local support services in both French and English. Headquartered in Mississauga, Microsoft Canada has nine regional offices across the country dedicated to empowering people through great software - any time, any place and on any device. For more information on Microsoft Canada, please visit www.microsoft.ca.
*comScore Search Categories Report (custom), U.S., June 2013
- The Yahoo! Bing Network includes Microsoft and Yahoo! sites worldwide.
- comScore qSearch (custom), March 2013.
SOURCE: Microsoft Canada Inc.
Kate Burkholder - Veritas Communications