THORNHILL, ON, Nov. 30, 2015 /CNW/ - Ontario's winter weather can be challenging. That's why CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) is reminding drivers to make sure you and your vehicle are winter ready.
CAA SCO winter checklist:
- Test your battery and replace it before it fails.
- Have your brakes checked and/or serviced.
- Install a set of four matching winter tires for better traction.
- Check your lights to ensure they are working properly.
- Replace worn or torn windshield wipers.
- Pack a winter emergency kit.
CAA SCO winter driving tips:
- Check your local forecast before heading out.
- Plan your route and give yourself extra travel time.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Top up your windshield washer fluid.
- Remove all the snow and ice from your vehicle.
- Drive according to the road and weather conditions.
- Pay attention and stay alert behind the wheel.
On an average winter day, CAA SCO dispatches service to approximately 3,000 members. During a snowstorm, the number of service calls usually doubles.
A new record was set on February 17, 2015 with service dispatched to over 10,000 calls.
Meanwhile, a change in weather or car trouble can happen when you least expect it. When it does, members can track their roadside service request using CAA Service Tracker. Download the CAA App to enable CAA Service Tracker when you need it.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
Renseignements: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.