Hotels.com partners with Nine West to help female travellers explore in style
TORONTO, Sept. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Exploring the fashion capitals of the world, where some of the most iconic brands reside, is a dream shared by fashionistas across the globe. But, there's no worse fashion faux pas than travelling unprepared, so Hotels.com™ has partnered with Nine West to help trendsetters find the perfect shoe for their fashion destination. Through the Passport to Fashion contest, Hotels.com is sending one lucky winner and a guest to Paris with additional giveaways happening on Twitter. Whether it's a sparkly flat or a leather bootie, there's something for everyone in these trend-setting cities.
"Vacations are meant to be enjoyed and nothing will put a damper on a trip more than ill-fitting or inappropriate shoes and sore feet," says Taylor L. Cole, APR, travel expert for Hotels.com. "We want to put travellers on the right foot so they'll return home with only the fondest memories and great photos."
Paris, France – fourth most popular international city for Canadians
- Average hotel rate: $239* per night
- Shoe: FACINATE
- This trendy flat comes in a range of colours and fabrics from leather to suede, but regardless of the style, it's consistent with comfort for travellers exploring the streets in the City of Light. With so many cafes and galleries to visit, walking is the best way to see it all, and you'll be glad you skipped the heels.
London, England – third most popular international city for Canadians
- Average hotel rate: $257* per night
- Shoe: OCTA
- The style of this leather shoe is named after a town which is home to the oldest English-speaking University in the world, Oxford. In typical English fashion, the shoe has a prim and proper look, perfect for wearing to a museum or afternoon tea. Plus if it rains, which is fairly common in London, you'll be glad you donned leather over suede.
Rome, Italy – 10th most popular international city for Canadians
- Average hotel rate: $198* per night
- Shoe: HAZEL
- While the cool fall in Rome doesn't compare to the Canadian winter, it's definitely sweater weather and the perfect opportunity to rock these western-inspired leather booties for a cool and casual look. You'll appreciate the thicker stacked heel too; it'll make walking over those cobblestone streets a breeze.
Barcelona, Spain – 13th most popular international city for Canadians
- Average hotel rate: $190* per night
- Shoe: PEPPY
- Available in a bold, fiery red, this shoe is just asking to be danced in and, really, there's no better city to wear them. Whether you're trying out the flamenco or 'the Elaine' you can tear up the dance floor in style with these leather retro cutaway pumps.
Tokyo, Japan – 20th most popular international city for Canadians
- Average hotel rate: $159* per night
- Shoe: TUNIC
- This city is filled with fashion risk-takers. Think Harajuku or Lolita, making it the perfect place to play with a bit of colour. These point toe booties come in a rich navy blue with two decorative zippers, giving them a fun look with added punch.
Toronto, Canada – most popular domestic city for Canadians
- Average hotel rate: $152 per night
- Shoe: JARRAD
- The Hollywood North is also the home of casual cool, making these booties the perfect fit for travellers exploring the city. As a pedestrian-friendly destination, you'll appreciate the low comfortable heel and two style choices: taupe suede or black leather.
Celebrate all things fashion with Hotels.com and enter to win shoes for your next vacation by following @hotelsdotcomca and answering our fashion-focused travel questions using the hashtag #fashiontravel. To enter the Passport to Fashion contest, visit a Canadian Nine West location near you.
*According to the latest Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™
About the HPI™
The HPI is a biannual report that looks at hotel prices in cities all around the world. The data is based on bookings made through the Hotels.com website and the prices listed are the actual prices paid by Canadians - not advertised rates.
About Hotels.com (http://www.hotels.com)
Hotels.com, L.P. (also known in Canada as Hotels.ca) operates Hotels.com, a leading online accommodation booking website with nearly 325,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favourites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals.
Image with caption: "The City of Lights is a popular fashion destination for shoe lovers, just make sure to pack the right pair (CNW Group/Hotels.com)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140910_C2170_PHOTO_EN_5470.jpg
For further information: Press contacts: Lauren Wasley, energi PR for Hotels.com, Phone: (416) 425-9143 ext. 19, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @energiPR; Taylor L. Cole, APR, Hotels.com North America, Phone: (469) 335-8442, Email: email@example.com, Twitter: @TravelwithTLC