The Weather Network only Canadian app named to most popular list
OAKVILLE, ON, Dec. 21, 2017 /CNW/ - The Weather Network and MétéoMédia, divisions of Pelmorex Weather Networks, was recently featured in Apple's Best of 2017 in the category of most popular app. Of the 20 apps named to the list, The Weather Network and MétéoMédia app was the only Canadian-owned app.
The Weather Network & MétéoMédia personalize the weather experience with real-time and hyper-local forecasts, weather warnings and public safety notifications. With 'Follow Me' enabled, consumers can receive forecasts for their location within 1-kilometre. When travelling, across the city or the country, users can be weather-ready by enabling the Follow Me feature, which delivers the most recent and localized forecasts no matter the location.
"We're excited to be listed among the most popular apps for Canadians," said Sam Sebastian, President & CEO of Pelmorex Corp. "The Weather Network and MétéoMédia are proud to continue to deliver the most innovative and up-to-date weather-related content, that helps Canadians to plan and be in more control of their busy lives."
As one of the most popular apps for Apple users, The Weather Network and MétéoMédia app includes the following key features:
- Detailed weather forecasts including current, short-term (36 hours), long-term (14 days) and hourly forecasts for user's favourite locations, updated every 15 minutes to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Animated icons and dynamic weather-triggered backgrounds reflect the current weather conditions of the current location.
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify when a storm is imminent. Users will see a red banner for the affected cities and regions and can click-thru for more information.
- Follow Me functionality is available, automatically detecting user's local forecast within one kilometre of the current location.
- User-submitted content allows app users to share their local weather moments with the world, letting users explore video and photo galleries.
During active weather periods, the iPhone app receives over 200 million page views per month and delivers over 50 million notifications, alerting users to critical weather warnings and public safety alerts when they need it most. The Weather Network and MétéoMédia currently connect with over 26.2 million Canadians across all platforms each month, providing them with information to plan their busy lives.
To help consumers keep up-to-date on their local weather, The Weather Network and MétéoMédia app is available for smartphones, tablets, Connected TV, and PC and Mac computers.
About Pelmorex Weather Networks
Pelmorex Weather Networks, a division of Pelmorex Corp., is a leading international provider of weather-related information services. It operates in North America, Europe, Latin America, India and Australia under the brands The Weather Network, MétéoMédia, Eltiempo.es and Clima. The Weather Network and its French counterpart MétéoMédia are Canada's most popular weather and information services on TV, web and mobile apps. Eltiempo is Spain's leading multi-platform weather information provider. Pelmorex also operates Canada's National Alerting Aggregation and Dissemination System (Alert Ready) which aggregates and distributes emergency alerts issued by authorized government agencies.
SOURCE The Weather Network
For further information: For more information, images or interviews, please contact: Emily Ngai, FleishmanHillard, 416-645-8179; Emily.Ngai@fleishman.ca