World-renowned trend forecaster Li Edelkoort uncovers future food trends at first Canadian Chef Collection pop-up showroom
MISSISSAUGA, ON, June 5, 2014 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada announced today a lineup of premium home appliances for the enthusiastic at-home chef who appreciates high-quality, well-designed products. The new Samsung Chef Collection consists of four state-of-the-art appliances that incorporate insights from some of the world's top professional chefs, including: a 4-door refrigerator that keeps even the most delicate ingredients intact, an electric slide-in range with a sophisticated level of temperature control, an over-the-range microwave with precise sensor cooking settings and a game-changing WaterWall™ dishwasher with one of the most significant cleaning innovations in the past 40 years.
"Our newest premium home appliance lineup, Samsung Chef Collection, will appeal to those at-home chefs who appreciate function, precision and exquisite design," said Warner Doell, Vice President of Home Appliances Sales and Marketing, Samsung Canada. "And it doesn't end there – this collection is particularly suited to those that relish the cooking process from start to finish, taking their time to prepare natural, fresh foods and then enjoy them together with family and friends."
A first-of-its kind global culinary initiative that incorporates insights from some of the world's top professional chefs, Samsung Chef Collection features intricate craftsmanship and increased capacity to make at-home meal preparation - and time in the kitchen - a pleasurable and effortless experience.
Samsung Chef Collection has also been developed with the farm fresh message in mind: celebrating freshness, family-style meals, togetherness, farm culture, locally grown produce and most importantly, the kitchen as the heart and hub of the home. To highlight these values, Samsung Canada has brought internationally-acclaimed trend forecaster Li Edelkoort to Canada for the first time, where she will uncover food and interior design trends and help launch Samsung Chef Collection at a pop-up showroom in downtown Toronto on June 5th.
"Samsung Chef Collection is unique in that it goes beyond the act of cooking and celebrates how the contemporary farm and farm culture influences our food choices and preparation techniques, and will continue to do so," said trend and lifestyle forecaster Li Edelkoort. "The kitchens of tomorrow will not reflect a romantic revival - they will become cuisine theatres for the modern chef and embody an essential spirit, reflecting a brand new future."
Food Preservation at its Finest
With its thoughtful attention to innovation and design, the Samsung Chef Collection 4-Door Refrigerator (model: RF34H9960SR) represents the next generation in food preservation, storage, organization and meal preparation:
- Triple Cooling System helps provide precise temperature with humidity controls and improved cooling performance in all three zones in the refrigerator and freezer for superior freshness.
- The Metal Cooling Plate maintains the set temperature throughout the refrigerator, important for keeping food fresh.
- A lower right compartment – the Fridge-in-Freezer – converts from a refrigerator to a freezer and back again, serving a variety of food preparation and storage purposes.
- One of the largest fridges in Samsung's lineup, the 34 cu. ft. ultra-high capacity fridge has enough room to ﬁt up to 34 bags of groceries.
- New chef pantry features Michelin Star Chef-selected temperature settings for marinating to maintain optimal temperatures before cooking to extend quality and taste.
- Added Chef Pan serves as a multi-use container used for marinating and storing food in the refrigerator and placed in the oven and cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Available at select Canadian retailers for (MSRP) $6,599.99 in June 2014.
Meal Prep Innovation
Samsung's Chef Collection features three new sleek slide-in range innovations with Flex Duo technology to conveniently make two different dishes at the same time at two different temperatures and provides a custom, built-in finish that instantly upgrades any kitchen:
- The Samsung Chef Collection Electric Slide-in Range (model: NE5889950WS) features a sophisticated level of oven control and more precise temperature regulation to enable the creation of meals you'll want to show off. Available at select retailers for (MRSP) $2,999.99 in June 2014.
- The Samsung Chef Collection Induction Slide-in Range (model: NE58H9970WS) features four virtual flame induction burners for easy-to-use temperature control and is the first induction burner of its kind with knobs. Available at select retailers for (MSRP) $3,899.99 in July 2014.
- Lastly, the Samsung Chef Collection Gas Slide-in Range (model: NX58H9950WS) includes a Dual Burner and stainless steel cooktop for a clean, minimalist look. Available at select retailers for (MRSP) $2,899.99 in July 2014.
Cook Every Meal to Perfection
Samsung's Chef Collection Over-The-Range (OTR) Microwave's (model: ME21H9900AS) new sensor cooking equips home chefs with the ultimate in cooking performance with a simple touch of a button:
- Auto cook menu sets the correct time and temperature based on dish type and weight for precise cooking results.
- Improved filter eliminates smoke and odor while cooking.
- Simple Clean design makes it easy to remove at the touch of a button for routine maintenance.
- New bottom controls provide easy accessibility and a premium, streamlined look designed for contemporary kitchens of the future.
- Available at select Canadian retailers for (MSRP) $699.99 in June 2014.
Don't Forget the Dishes
Beautiful spotless dishes are just as important to the meal experience as the food itself. But the basic technology and design of dishwashers – with their inefficient conventional rotary and circle water sprays -- has not advanced in 40 years. Until now.
- The new Samsung Chef Collection WaterWall™ Dishwasher (model: DW80H9970) is a true game-changer bringing professional cleanliness into the home.
- The WaterWall™ technology's linear mechanism moves along the bottom of the dishwasher tub to provide consistent high water pressure throughout the wash replacing traditional rotary wash systems and creating a powerful wall of water that reaches from corner to corner for full cleaning coverage every time.
- The Controllable Intensive Washing function (Zone Booster) offers two cleaning zones – high pressure and temperature wash for heavily soiled pots and normal wash with a lighter stream for plates and glasses.
- Available at select Canadian retailers for (MSRP) $1,899.99 in June 2014.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere through innovation, stylish design and premium experiences. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the technology industry. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands while the Canadian arm was named as one of Strategy Magazine's 2013 Brands of the Year and Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada. Globally, Samsung employs 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
Follow Samsung Canada at facebook.com/SamsungCanada or on Twitter @SamsungCanada
SOURCE: Samsung Electronics Canada
For further information: Chris Dionne, North Strategic (for Samsung Canada), firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-500-3802