OpenText Continues to Innovate in the Cloud with Additional Applications for SAP Solutions Built on the OpenText Cloud Platform in Latest OT2 Release
WATERLOO, Ontario, May 3, 2019 /CNW/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX,TSX: OTEX), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced the immediate availability of OpenText Core for SAP® SuccessFactors® solutions – a native cloud offering delivered via the latest OT2 release. The OT2 release allows for rapid construction of purposefully built cloud applications which transform business workloads through a micro services-based platform that extends existing cloud applications. With several additional solutions also announced today, OpenText continues to deliver a platform for innovation where customers can leverage their information, foster collaboration and make better decisions.
"EIM delivers information advantage. ERP and CRM deliver process advantage. Combined, these solutions help organizations transform their business and transform the way people work," said OpenText CEO & CTO Mark J. Barrenechea. "OpenText and SAP have been partners for more than 25 years, delivering thousands of successful solution implementations and helping customers gain a competitive edge."
Today, OpenText is announcing a number of innovative cloud and hybrid solutions for SAP customers, including:
- OpenText Core for SAP SuccessFactors (sold by SAP as SAP SuccessFactors Document Management by OpenText) addresses the demands of the digital workforce through the simplification and transformation of current HR processes. OpenText Core for SAP SuccessFactors manages employee file content with an easily deployed cloud solution to simplify HR processes and boost employee engagement. These solutions provide customers with access to relevant information at their fingertips that enable them to effectively manage talent from hire to retire, transform HR processes and meet the expectations of today's workforce with the first cloud application for SAP solutions built on OpenText OT2.
- OpenText Extended Enterprise Content Management for Engineering (sold by SAP as SAP Extended Enterprise Content Management by OpenText, add-on for capital projects and operations) is a targeted solution for engineering, operations and maintenance teams expanding the market-leading Extended Enterprise Content Management platform for SAP solutions from OpenText. It helps increase production uptime and revenue by speeding task and project completion, supporting efficient external and internal collaboration, reducing time to milestones and helping boost compliance. Offered both on-premises and in the cloud, it efficiently controls engineering and asset information, work processes and risk across the lifecycle of projects and operations.
- OpenText Extended ECM for Microsoft® Office 365™ (sold as SAP Extended Enterprise Content Management by OpenText, add-on for Microsoft Office 365) is a cloud solution connecting Office 365 directly into SAP ERP, CRM and related business applications, integrating Microsoft Teams, Groups, Outlook Online and SharePoint Online into key processes. This provides a better collaboration experience and automates governance and control of documents. Based on best practices, customers can automate the creation and decommissioning of Teams without losing the related content as part of the typical project or case lifecycle. Office Online integration provides co-authoring sessions directly from Extended ECM or any integrated Business Application (i.e. SAP Fiori®) without worrying about versions or edits.
- OpenText Information Extraction Service for SAP Solutions (IES) (sold by SAP as SAP Information Extraction by OpenText) uses machine learning and optical character recognition (OCR) to capture and extract the targeted information from incoming communications. The software allows high levels of automation via a robust service, completely integrated into SAP solutions to help capture any incoming document, including invoices, sales orders, quotations, delivery notes, order confirmations and passes this information, in the right business context, to the relevant SAP process.
- OpenText has also expanded the scope of the existing OpenText Vendor Invoice Management for SAP Solution (VIM) (sold by SAP as SAP Invoice Management by OpenText and SAP Invoice Management by OpenText for SAP S/4HANA®). VIM will ingest information from delivery notes, order confirmation documents and apply digital processing and reporting. Replacing manual processing for these new document types helps increase compliance, control and visibility.
"OpenText for SAP solutions help organizations securely manage data and documents on and off cloud, and is integrated with SAP's Intelligent Suite," continued Barrenechea. "With OpenText, all elements of an organization's enterprise information – digital content and structured SAP data – are available in the context of key business processes and on any supported device."
For more information on the SAP and OpenText partnership, click here.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX,TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2019 Open Text. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text or other respective owners.
SAP, SAP S/4HANA, SAP Fiori and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
Renseignements: Austin DeArman, OpenText , 202-341-9181, email@example.com, http://www.OpenText.com