TORONTO, May 13, 2019 /CNW/ - A new chapter in Canadian lottery history is about to begin, as Lotto Max players now have two opportunities each week to enjoy their favourite lottery game and jackpots will be able to grow bigger than ever before.
Starting this week, Canadians can play the nation's biggest lottery game twice each week. Thanks to a brand-new Tuesday draw added to the Friday draw, Lotto Max players will see jackpots grow more quickly than ever. What's more, the main Lotto Max jackpot can now grow as large as $70 million – a jackpot offering not yet seen in Canada.
There is no change to the cost of a Lotto Max ticket, which remains $5 for three selections of seven numbers.
The main jackpot for the Tuesday, May 14 Lotto Max draw is estimated at $17 million.
Lotto Max was introduced in 2009 with a maximum jackpot of $50 million. In 2015, the maximum jackpot was increased to $60 million. Since its launch, Lotto Max players across Canada have won over $11 billion, including 116 jackpot wins and 1,021 Maxmillions prizes.
- The main Lotto Max jackpot can now grow as high as $70 million
- Two draws a week: Tuesdays and Fridays
- No change to the cost of play: $5 for three selections of seven numbers
- $1 million Maxmillions prizes are still offered when the main jackpot reaches and exceeds $50 million
- Two brand-new prize categories
- Match 5/7+bonus
- Match 4/7+bonus
- Numbers now selected from 1 to 50
- The odds of winning the main jackpot are 1 in 33,294,800 per $5 play
- The overall odds to win a prize are 1 in 7 per $5 play
- The Lotto Max changes were announced in November 2018
SOURCE Lotto Max
Renseignements: contact media relations in your region: Atlantic Lottery Corporation (ALC): Greg Weston, email@example.com, 506-867-5800 ext. 5569; Loto-Québec: Patrice Lavoie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 514-499-5151; OLG Media Relations: 1-888-946-6716; Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC): Kevin van Egdom, email@example.com, 204-946-1475; BCLC: firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-225-6460