EY sources available for budget insights and commentary
OTTAWA, Feb. 26, 2016 /CNW/ - The 22 March 2016 federal budget is sure to reveal how much the newly-elected government is prepared to act on its many election promises. With low oil prices, a sluggish economy and many sectors seeing declining growth, the federal budget is widely expected to offer some stimulus and assistance for affected regions, businesses and individuals.
EY's seasoned tax and business professionals are available to offer insights across industries and regions on budget day and shortly after.
Federal budget topics for discussion may include:
- Review and tightening of certain tax expenditures
- Tax relief for the middle class, including child care benefit programs
- Changes to tax treatment of stock option benefits
- International tax avoidance and tax evasion measures, including those based on the OECD's Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) recommendations
- Infrastructure spending across Canada
- Support for particular regions (Alberta) and industries (manufacturing).
- Sustainability initiatives and carbon pricing
- Impact on private companies and entrepreneurs
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
For more information, please visit ey.com/ca. Follow us on Twitter @EYCanada.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
SOURCE EY (Ernst & Young)
For further information: To reach a spokesperson, or for more information, please contact: Sasha Anopina, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416 943 2637; Julie Fournier, email@example.com, 514 874 4308; Leigh Kjekstad, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604 648 3807