Three Quarters of Canadians Bank Online
These Findings are Available in the MTM's New Sneak Peek Report via MTM Portal
OTTAWA, June 16, 2016 /CNW/ - The Media Technology Monitor (MTM), a research product of CBC/Radio Canada, today announced the immediate release of its new Sneak Peek Report as well as its Spring Media Technology Adoption Report.
These MTM reports are being offered weeks ahead of the most recent data set, which will all be available to subscribers in late June.
The Sneak Peek explores five key findings and provides an inkling of what can be expected from the upcoming season. From Ad Blockers to Ultra HD to online banking, the Sneak Peek report allows readers to dive into the MTM data.
Key findings from the Sneak Peek Report include the following:
- Ad blockers are here to stay, especially among the heaviest Internet users. Just over a third of all Canadian Internet users have used or downloaded an ad blocker.
- Nearly three-quarters of all Canadians are banking online. The computer followed by the smartphone are the top devices they're using to perform their financial activities.
- Being relatively new to the scene, awareness of Ultra HD (4K) is growing among Canadians. According to the latest MTM research, 47% of Canadians are aware of Ultra HD (4K) in Canada. However, this awareness hasn't yet translated to penetration as only 4% of Canadians report owning one.
To access a free version of the Sneak Peek Report, click here.
Key findings from the Media and Technology Adoption Report include:
- The majority of Anglophones still subscribe to television services, even though the TV subscription market has experienced declines due to pressure from new competitors and online TV services.
- The number of Anglophones who connect their TV to the Internet continues to grow – now nearly half (48%) do so.
- Going hand in hand with the growth of Internet-connected TVs is the continued growth of Netflix . Close to half (48%) of Anglophones now have a Netflix subscription.
- Streaming music services saw quite an increase since last season. Over a quarter (27%) of Anglophones report using one, which is up from 21% in the Fall.
MTM Subscribers can access the Spring 2016 Media and Technology Adoption Report on the MTM Portal, by clicking here.
About the MTM (www.mtm-otm.ca)
The Media Technology Monitor (MTM©) is Canada's premier research product in the area of technology ownership and use. Based on 12,000 telephone interviews annually, the MTM has spoken with over 120,000 Canadians over the past decade making it the most accurate and comprehensive media technology tracking survey of its kind. For more information on the MTM please visit our Portal at www.mtm-otm.ca or call: 1-855-898-4999.
Image with caption: "Spring 2016 - New Season of DATA! Media Technology Adoption Report and Sneak Peek are now available (CNW Group/CBC/Radio-Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160615_C2058_PHOTO_EN_714988.jpg
For further information: Jenny Meadows, MTM a product of CBC/Radio-Canada, 613-288-6231 or 1-855-898-4999, Jenny.Meadows@cbc.ca