VAUGHAN, ON, Aug. 29, 2016 /CNW/ - Plenary Health is the preferred proponent to design, build, finance and maintain the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Mackenzie Health (MH) selected Plenary Health after extensive evaluations following a fair, open and transparent request for proposals process that began in June 2015.
The Plenary Health team includes:
- Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
- Design: Stantec Architecture Ltd., RTKL
- Construction: PCL Constructors
- Facilities management: Johnson Controls Canada LP
- Financial Advisor: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital is the first hospital to be built in the city of Vaughan, and the first new hospital to be built in the York Region in the last 30 years. It will also be the first hospital in Canada to feature fully integrated "smart" technology, which features systems and medical devices that can speak directly to one another to maximize information exchange. Through modern and proven best practices, the hospital will provide state-of-the-art health care and positive outcomes for patients and their families.
The new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will include:
- A state-of-the-art emergency department
- Modern surgical services and operating rooms
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Specialized ambulatory clinics and intensive care beds
- Medicine, Birthing (Obstetrics), Pediatrics, Mental Health and the York Region District Stroke Centre
- Approximately 90 per cent single occupancy acute-care patient rooms for infection prevention and control
IO and MH will now work to finalize contract details with Plenary Health. The project is expected to reach commercial close and financial close in fall 2016, with relevant contracts signed and a financing rate set. The contract cost will be announced publicly following financial close and construction is scheduled to begin shortly thereafter.
- This project is being delivered using IO's Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model, an innovative way of financing and procuring large, complex public infrastructure projects.
- IO and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Mackenzie Health to build the new facility, which will be publicly owned, controlled and accountable.
- The Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital project is one of 22 health-care projects currently being managed by IO.
- 35 hospital projects have been completed using the AFP model as of March 31, 2016.
- IO's 2015 Track Record Report showed that 98 per cent of projects have been completed on budget.
- Ontario is making the largest investment in public infrastructure in the province's history—about $160 billion over 12 years—which is supporting 110,000 jobs every year across the province, with projects such as hospitals, schools, roads, bridges and transit. Since 2015, the province has announced support for more than 475 projects that will keep people and goods moving, connect communities and improve quality of life. To learn more about infrastructure projects in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.
- Mackenzie Health is a regional health care provider that includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital as well as a network of community-based services in southwest York Region and beyond.
- With over 500,000 residents in southwest York Region, Mackenzie Health serves one of the fastest growing and most diverse communities in Canada.
Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
"This is an exciting step forward for the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. We will soon break ground on this state-of-the-art new facility that will offer high-quality healthcare to the community in Vaughan. It is an example of our government's commitment to investing in modern healthcare infrastructure that will serve generations to come."
Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure
"Today's announcement demonstrates how we are investing in people, stimulating the local economy, creating jobs and building a stronger and healthier Ontario through infrastructure investments. The Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital demonstrates our government's commitment to investing in modern health care and addressing vital infrastructure needs across the province."
Steven Del Duca, Member of Provincial Parliament, Vaughan
"I am very proud of this major milestone for the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. As the MPP for Vaughan, I know how important this hospital will be for the community. The hospital is a commitment from our government to building the most modern and integrated healthcare to accommodate one of Ontario's fastest growing regions."
Altaf Stationwala President and Chief Executive Officer, Mackenzie Health
"This is a significant step forward moving us closer towards the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. With ground-breaking only a few months away, we remain on track to delivering a state-of-the-art hospital as part of Mackenzie Health's vision to create a world-class health experience for the people of Vaughan and all of York Region."
Anthony Ianni, Board Chair, Mackenzie Health
"Today's announcement marks an important milestone for the residents of York Region. The new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will provide much needed access to expanded programs and services and exceptional care closer to home for our patients and families. Together with our partners, we are transforming the way healthcare is provided in this growing community."
Bert Clark, President and CEO, Infrastructure Ontario
"We look forward to continuing to work with Mackenzie Health to finalize the details of the contract with Plenary Health and starting construction on this important project in the coming months."
="https://twitter.com/@infraontario" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://twitter.com/@infraontario
Disponible en français
SOURCE Infrastructure Ontario
For further information: Cary Mignault, Infrastructure Ontario, 416-325-2888; Suset Silva, Mackenzie Health, 905-883-1212 ext.7498