Polar Flow for Coach makes coaching experience user-oriented, individual and cost-effective
MONTREAL, Feb. 2, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Polar, the leader in heart rate monitoring, sports wearables and advanced training systems, launched a new online coaching service at the 2015 International CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas, Nevada earlier this month. Polar Flow for Coach is a valuable addition to the many services Polar provides for sports and fitness professionals. It is designed for personal trainers and coaches to easily connect with their clients and monitor their progress and results. The coach will see their clients' training and activity details that are automatically tracked to Polar Flow by their Polar device.
Polar Flow for Coach is an online service that enables presence and individual support for the coach's clients in a convenient and efficient way. Thanks to its responsive design, the user will always have the service at hand and can be the coach wherever they are. Online coaching is cost-effective and less time needs to be spent in meeting face-to-face.
Polar Flow for Coach uses data tracked by the client's Polar training computer, activity tracker or the Polar Beat mobile app. Alternatively data can be added manually after training (this function will become available later). In the service, the coach can find out what their client is doing (or not doing) at a quick glance. This information will help to see if the training plan requires adaptation or if it is the client who needs motivation or guidance.
- Coach Feed. A timeline that summarizes the latest results from clients. Results can be filtered by client and by sport.
- Coach's Comments. Enables private feedback and positive reinforcement.
- Diary. The coach can view their client's training and activity overview and summaries on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Convenient navigation between clients' diaries.
- Manual Input. Clients can input their workouts into the service manually. Estimated availability for this feature is during Q2 2015.
- Training Targets. The coach can add training targets for the client wherever they are, and the client can seamlessly synchronize the planned targets to their watch for training guidance. Training Targets are available for Polar A300, Polar M400 and Polar V800 training computers.
- Recovery Status. Visible to the coach when the client trains with Polar V800.
- Reports help the coach to measure training progress and trends over a longer period of time. Giving detailed training data analysis and insights will show the client they are getting value for their money. Single training sessions and test results can be accessed for detailed analysis.
Registering a coach account in Polar Flow is and will always remain free of charge. Users can add an unlimited number of clients to the service. The service is available in 15 languages.
Polar Flow is a web service that provides a comprehensive wellness and fitness experience. It is an essential part of the Polar ecosystem for the newest Polar products and all future innovations. Compatible products include:
- Polar Loop activity tracker, perfect for anyone aiming to lose weight and get more active in their daily life
- Polar A300 fitness and activity monitor, ideal for indoor training and tracking 24/7 activity
- Polar M400 sports watch with GPS, optimal for running and outdoor exercising
- Polar V800 sports watch with GPS, the companion of devoted athletes and performers
- Polar Beat fitness app, fitting for anyone wanting to get slimmer, run faster or go further
For heart rate, an additional heart rate sensor such as Polar H7 is required.
Founded in 1977, Polar Electro invented the world's first wireless heart rate monitor. Since then the company has been leading the fitness wearables and heart rate monitoring category through its in-depth understanding of human physiology, performance, and the environment. Polar works in close cooperation with leading sports institutes and governing bodies and has, thus, become widely recognized as the pioneer and world's leader of heart rate monitoring and fitness evaluation equipment.
Headquartered near Oulu in Finland, the company operates internationally in more than 80 countries and its products are sold through over 35,000 retailers globally.
Today, the award-winning Polar training computers are the number one choice among consumers worldwide. To learn more about how the wide range of Polar products and services can help you achieve your training goals and make your fitness story a success, please visit polar.com.
SOURCE Polar Electro Canada
Image with caption: "Flow for Coach (CNW Group/Polar Electro Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150202_C1280_PHOTO_EN_11662.jpg
For further information: Please visit: polar.com/coach; Tarik Brakchi, Sales & Marketing manager at Polar Canada; Krysten Siba Bishop, Technical Training & Social Media Engagement Coordinator; Email: PolarCanada.PR@Polar.com