TORONTO, June 11, 2015 /CNW/ - Hudson's Bay Company is pleased to announce the publication of its 2014 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report. HBC's commitment to sustainability and social responsibility is a driving force within the Company, that inspires growth and innovation, guides business decisions, and helps maintain the Company's commitment to giving back. The 2014 CSR report highlights HBC's efforts within four distinct areas of focus, including:
- Investing in communities where HBC operates;
- Contributing to a sustainable environment;
- Sourcing responsibly and ethically; and
- Strengthening associate engagement.
"This report demonstrates HBC's ongoing commitment to being a good corporate citizen in all facets of our business operations, and in growing in a sustainable manner," commented Jerry Storch, Chief Executive Officer, Hudson's Bay Company. "Whether helping athletes realize their dreams of reaching the Olympic podium, supporting local fundraisers, enabling associates or contributing to emergency response efforts around the world, HBC remains committed to supporting the people and places that support us, and stepping up in times of need."
- HBC's Foundations (HBC Foundation, LT Foundation and Saks Foundation) donated a combined total of more than $10 million to charitable organizations across North America.
- A five-time supporter of Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Annual Light the Night Walk, Lord & Taylor has been recognized as the annual event's Top Corporate Fundraising Team.
- Saks Fifth Avenue's philanthropic efforts reached more than 400 local and national charitable and non-profit organizations across the U.S through corporate giving and local store donations.
- Hudson's Bay's iconic red mittens generated an impressive $3.9 million, benefitting the Canadian Olympic Foundation.
- In Canada, ongoing efforts to eliminate and/or control workplace hazards led to a 14% reduction in claims overall. Lost time injury claims were reduced by 38% and total number of days lost by 50% over 2013.
- HBC conducted 991 factory audits in 46 countries around the world. Working with third-party auditing partners, we work to ensure that factories rectify deficiencies to improve and maintain the safety and wellbeing of factory workers.
- HBC's internship program attracted more than 120 students who learned about the different functions within the organization such as Merchandising, Digital, Store Operations, Supply Chain and Logistics, Finance, Marketing Human Resources and more. Many of the students returned for full-time opportunities upon graduation.
In line with the Company's sustainability guidelines, HBC's 2014 Corporate Social Responsibility Report is available online only, at hbc.com. Recently, HBC was named one of Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights magazine.
About Hudson's Bay Company
Hudson's Bay Company, founded in 1670, is North America's oldest company. Today, HBC offers customers a range of retailing categories and shopping experiences primarily in the United States and Canada. Our leading banners – Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH – offer a compelling assortment of apparel, accessories, shoes, beauty and home merchandise. Hudson's Bay is Canada's most prominent department store with 90 full-line locations, two outlet stores and thebay.com. Lord & Taylor operates 50 full-line locations primarily in the northeastern and mid-Atlantic U.S., four Lord & Taylor outlet locations and lordandtaylor.com. Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world's pre-eminent luxury specialty retailers, comprises 39 U.S. stores, five international licensed stores and saks.com. OFF 5TH offers value-oriented merchandise through 83 U.S. stores and saksoff5th.com. The Company also operates Home Outfitters, Canada's largest kitchen, bed and bath specialty superstore with 67 locations. Hudson's Bay Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "HBC".
SOURCE Hudson's Bay
For further information: Tiffany Bourré, Director, External Communications, Hudson's Bay Company, (905)595-7184, firstname.lastname@example.org