BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 22, 2016 /CNW/ -- Huawei will share its vision for a better connected world at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016, which will be held from February 22 to 25 in Barcelona, Spain. Promoting openness, collaboration and shared success, Huawei's focus at this year's event is centered on building an open digital ecosystem with industry partners to accelerate digital transformation within different countries and industries, and promote thriving digital economies.
Huawei will expand on its theme from last year's MWC: Open ROADS to a Better Connected World. As part of Huawei's commitment to meeting user demands for a "ROADS" experience (Real-time, On-demand, All-online, DIY, and Social) in the digital era, the company strives to enable agile innovation, build an open ecosystem, expand business partnerships, and help carriers succeed in their digital transformation. At MWC 2016, Huawei will focus on specific strategies and technologies that support digital transformation, and outline how its SoftCOM end-to-end solutions will guide transformation at the business, operation, architecture, and network levels. By breaking down its future vision into practical strategies and actions, Huawei aims to accelerate the development of a cohesive industry ecosystem.
"In a fully connected era, rapid digital transformation is critical for all industries. Changes in the ICT industry are the main driving force behind business development in the digital era. As a key enabler in the ICT industry, Huawei is committed to helping the telecom industry and vertical industries digitize their infrastructure, operational systems and business models with state-of-the-art technology," said Zou Zhilei, President of Carrier Business Group, Huawei. "We believe an open digital ecosystem is strategically important to the industry's future. In the pursuit of openness, collaboration and shared success, we will continue to expand our business partnerships, make greater contributions to the industry, and partner with industry players to create Open ROADS to a Better Connected World. Through successful digital transformation, we believe carriers can lead the value chain and accelerate the transition towards tomorrow's digital economy."
Huawei Shares its Views in MWC Conference Sessions
Huawei Deputy Chairman and Rotating CEO Guo Ping will give a keynote speech at MWC on February 22, 2016. Together with the CEOs of Ford and PayPal, Guo will share his thoughts on "mobile is connected living".
Walter Weigel, Vice President , Huawei European Research Institute, Paul Scanlan, President of Huawei Business and Network Consulting, and An Jian, President of Huawei Global Wireless Networks Marketing and Solutions, will also share their views with MWC participants on topics including "5G: Creating Value for Consumers", "Internet of Things Connectivity" and "New Paradigms For Delivering Cost Effective Network QoE".
Digital Transformation Summit
On February 21, Huawei successfully hosted its Digital Transformation Summit, including hosting "4.5G Industry Summit", "Small Cell Summit", "Video Everywhere Summit" and "Digital Operations Transformation Summit", and co-hosting "Global NB-IoT Summit" with GSMA and a number of leading ICT industry players. The Summits will help drive the evolution of connectivity around the world by facilitating the exchange of strategies, experiences and ideas.
Visit Huawei's Exhibition Area in Fira Gran Via Hall 1
Huawei will present its future vision and portfolio of ICT solutions at Fira Gran Via Hall 1. Highlights include:
Huawei's Vision: Huawei will share its views and insights on telco digital transformation trends and show how its end-to-end digital transformation solutions under its SoftCOM strategy can help carriers maintain competitiveness in the digital world and develop new businesses by restructuring their network, architecture, operation and business.
Ubiquitous Ultra Broadband: In this exhibition area, Huawei will showcase its innovative solutions for network restructuring.
- GigaRadio, Inspiring Mobile Innovation: Latest generation of base station solutions with increased capacity and simplicity for site acquisition, enabling a Gbps experience.
- Small Cell, Expanding Mobility Potential: Small cell plays a vital role in the process of digitalization, it will unleash the potential of traffic and enable MBB network capabilities exposure.
- Maximizing Spectrum Value: Innovative solutions that maximize network efficiency and help carriers break into industry markets.
- 4.5G, Connecting Giga World: With Gbps speed and capacity to support 10 times more connections compared to 4G networks, 4.5G facilitates carriers' transformation by enabling enriched services.
- 5G, Super Connected World: Demonstration of 5G use cases and requirements for networks; showcase of Huawei's latest 5G technologies and recent joint innovation achievements with carrier customers.
- Redefining Experience Benchmark: Experience benchmark has been established to guide the delivery of experience-based networks, helping carriers improve service quality and accelerating commercial success.
- Giga Home: Gigaband access network that can help carriers realize fast access, efficient modernization and Giga home.
- Experience-Driven Ultra Broadband Network: Optimized and restructured bearer network for best experience of video and cloud services.
- Empowering All Connections: Fully connected, experience-oriented management platform for connections that offer control and real-time voice and video while guaranteeing an intelligent experience, creating business value for carriers.
Software Defined Architecture: In this exhibition area, Huawei will share its solutions and deployment experiences in architecture restructuring.
- SDN&NFV, Advancing Network into 2020: Sharing updates on global carriers' network 2020 transformation and deployment of SDN&NFV; demonstrating Huawei's SDN&NFV solutions and progress in commercial deployments.
- Open Cloud: Showcasing Huawei's open architecture-based cloud data center solutions that support carriers' development and future positioning as enablers for the digital economy.
Digital Operations Transformation: In this exhibition area, Huawei will showcase its key solutions that help carriers restructure operations and the company's endeavors to build a digital ecosystem with industry partners.
- Telco OS, Agile Digital Operations: Telco OS helps carriers deliver a ROADS experience, enabling agile digital operations.
- Business-Driven ICT Integration: Huawei's ICT integration capabilities help carriers speed time-to-market for new services and provide the flexibility and scalability to drive business development.
- Customer-centric Operating Model: Huawei will help carriers restructure their infrastructure and operations, and build effective business and operational models by deploying digital technologies to ensure a ROADS experience and robust business growth.
- Network Experience Plus: Through a ROADS experience-driven end-to-end network planning, integration and optimization solution, Huawei builds competitive, differentiated and high-quality networks for carriers.
Exploring Digital Services: In this exhibition area, Huawei will showcase its comprehensive solution portfolio for business restructuring.
- Video Everywhere: Huawei is committed to building an ecosystem with industry partners to deliver the best video experience, helping carriers achieve commercial success with video as a basic service.
- IoT-Enabled Vertical Industry: Through its '1+2+1' IoT solutions, Huawei helps carriers explore emerging markets including connected cars, smart home and NB IoT-enabled vertical industry applications.
- Cloud Business, New Benchmark: Leveraging its one-stop cloud-network coordinated ICT capabilities, Huawei helps leading carriers enhance cloud services and establish a robust ecosystem for future business success.
- Making Cities Safer: Huawei demonstrates the world's first visual convergent command and dispatch solution that will make cities safer.
MWC 2016 will be held in Barcelona from February 22 to 25. Huawei will showcase its latest products and solutions at Fira Gran Via Hall 1 and Hall 3. For more details, please visit: http://www.huawei.com/en/mwc2016.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Our aim is to build a better connected world, acting as a responsible corporate citizen, innovative enabler for the information society, and collaborative contributor to the industry. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees. For details, visit Huawei official website at www.huawei.com.
For further information: Aimee Yu, 0034662942821, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.huawei.com/en/mwc2016, http://www.huawei.com/