VANCOUVER and EDMONTON, June 19, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors) and the Honourable Kevin Sorenson, Minister of State (Finance), officially launched today a faster and easier online application for the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). It allows clients to complete and submit their CPP retirement pension application entirely online in just a few clicks, replacing the online process which required claimants to complete a long and cumbersome application online, and print and mail a signed signature page.
This is part of the Harper Government's efforts to continually improve Canadians' access to the benefits and services they need.
- The My CPP Retirement online application, available within My Service Canada Account, is a complete and secure end-to-end self-serve online process that allows clients to quickly and easily apply for their CPP retirement pension.
- It uses existing departmental information that Service Canada already has on file (i.e. name, address and telephone number) to pre-populate the fields, streamlining and accelerating the application process and creating efficiencies for the Department and Canadians.
- It is recommended that claimants apply 6 months before they want their retirement pension to begin; however, not more than 12 months ahead of time.
- Both the Canadian Retirement Income Calculator and the CPP Statement of Contributions are tools that can help claimants determine the best time to start their retirement pension and get an estimate of how much they might receive.
- Clients can still apply by completing the paper application form or by visiting a Service Canada Centre.
- In fiscal year 2014–15, Service Canada processed approximately 280,000 new CPP retirement pension applications.
"The Harper Government is committed to providing modern, accessible and convenient online services to Canadians while generating administrative efficiencies through process automation. This new online application makes applying for the CPP retirement pension easier for Canadians."
– The Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors)
"Our Government is taking major steps to simplify and modernize the CPP application process. Now, more than ever, Canadians can access benefits online in a timely and secure manner."
– The Honourable Kevin Sorenson, Minister of States (Finance)
Canada Pension Plan Retirement Pension
My Service Canada Account
Canadian Retirement Income Calculator
Personal Access Code
="https://twitter.com/@SocDevSoc" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Follow us on Twitter
SOURCE Employment and Social Development Canada
For further information: Justin Wood, Office of the Minister of State (Seniors), 613-852-3761; Media Relations Office, Employment and Social Development Canada, 819-994-5559, email@example.com