The $1 million contribution will help an innovative business put down roots in Quebec and will generate 100 jobs
MONTRÉAL, June 20, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
One hundred new manufacturing jobs linked to the aerospace industry could be created in Quebec thanks to the Government of Canada's $1 million investment in aerospace business F. List, a leading international player in the aircraft cabin design industry. This funding, in the form of a repayable contribution, will support the competitiveness of the Canadian aerospace industry and will help continue to provide high-quality jobs for all Canadians.
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED, announced the investment while attending the International Paris Air Show (Paris-Le Bourget), which will this year host over 420 Canadians representing more than 130 businesses. Also present to announce the Government of Quebec's joint support were Dominique Anglade, Quebec Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation, and Pierre Gabriel Côté, CEO of Investissement Québec.
Austrian firm F. List, specialized in top-range business and private jets interiors, chose the Montreal region to set up its first North American manufacturing facility and to open up new markets. This investment by the Government of Canada will allow an international rising star in the aerospace sector to strengthen its presence in Quebec and demonstrates that Canada is a primary destination for advanced manufacturing.
"Today's announcement is yet another demonstration of Canada's competitive advantage. F. List's decision to invest will keep the aerospace industry globally competitive and ensure that well-paying middle-class jobs stay in Canada."
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for CED
- In 2016, the Canadian aerospace industry maintained its position as global leader, having been responsible for over 60% of aerospace product exports linked to the supply chain.
- This industry was the number one R&D player across all Canadian manufacturing industries, generating close to 30% of total investments in R&D in the Canadian manufacturing sector in 2016.
- Still in 2016, the aerospace industry contributed $28 billion in GDP to the Canadian economy and over 200,000 jobs.
- The Government of Canada has launched the Innovation and Skills Plan , a multi-year strategy intended to create good-paying jobs for the middle class and those working hard to join it.
- One of the main programs supporting innovation and diversification of Quebec's economy is CED's Quebec Economic Development Program.
- CED is one of six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
Follow Minister Bains on Twitter
Follow CED on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
SOURCE Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
For further information: Karl W. Sasseville, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Tel.: 343-291-2500; Media Relations, Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, Tel.: 514-283-7443, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org