Canada's leading newswire supports conference to focus on role of women in future of business
TORONTO, April 28, 2015 /CNW/ -- The organizers of "The Next Billion: Women and the Economy of the Future" conference today announced they have partnered with CNW to get the word out about their upcoming conference taking place on May 7, 2015 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. The conference will bring together senior corporate leaders to discuss the ways in which women – in all aspects of business from consumers to executives – can contribute to the continuing success of companies in the international economy.
"CNW is proud to support The Next Billion Conference, as we recognize the crucial role women play in business today, and tomorrow," said Nicole Guillot, President and CEO, CNW Group.
Key corporate decision-makers from across North America, Europe and Latin America will participate in moderated discussions through the conference, providing crucial insights into how and why women are essential to the long-term profitability and growth of businesses across all sectors. Going beyond just talk, the conference will emphasize concrete, practical actions and policies that have been or can be used to tap into the global business potential of women.
"To have a prestigious partner like CNW validates that The Next Billion Conference is unique in that we are one of the only conferences to provide senior leaders a forum to discuss how women can impact long-term economic growth," said Lisa Wolverton, conference organizer, business owner and philanthropist. "We hope that attendees will leave the event armed with actionable ways to harness and foster the potential of women around the world."
Planned sessions include:
- Women and the Bottom Line: Business Sustainability and Growth in the 21st-Century Economy
- Beyond the Micro: Women as Entrepreneurs Driving Profit and Innovation by Rethinking Value Chains
- Driving Profit and Innovation by Rethinking Value Chains
- Supply or Demand? Addressing the Real Obstacles to Diversifying the C-Suite
- The Skilled Labor Force of Today and Tomorrow: Keys to Attracting and Retaining Women Employees
Other partners of the Next Billion include BSR: Business for Social Responsibility European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, The United Nationals Foundation and the World Bank Group/International Finance Corporation.
For more information about the conference, please visit: www.thenextbillionconference.com.
About The Next Billion: Women & the Economy of the Future
The Next Billion: Women & The Economy of the Future conference will bring together key corporate decision-makers from North America, Europe and Latin America for a results-oriented, evidence-based dialogue on the topic of women in the global economy. Through a series of moderated discussions, the conference will provide crucial insights into how and why women are the key to the long-term profitability and growth of businesses in the banking, consumer product, technology, and manufacturing sectors, among others. The inaugural conference will be held Thursday, May 7, 2015, at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The Next Billion advisory board members include:
- Lord Mark Malloch-Brown, former UK government minister and United Nations Deputy Secretary General, and Current Chairman of Europe, Middle East and Africa, FTI Consulting
- Canaccord Genuity Group, Inc.
- Maria Livanos Cattaui, former Secretary General of the International Chamber of Commerce
- Laura Gitman, Vice President New York, BSR
- Frank Giustra, President and Chief Executive Officer, Fiore Financial
- Melanne Verveer, former US Ambassador for Global Women's Issues
About CNW Group
CNW Group Ltd. (a PR Newswire company) gets people talking about our clients online and in the news. We deliver quality, authenticated news releases and multimedia content in the right way and to the right places in order to fulfill disclosure requirements and maximize exposure, engagement and earned media opportunities. CNW Group also provides professional video, photography and webcast production, translation, regulatory filing and printing services as well as monitoring and measurement platforms. www.newswire.ca
SOURCE The Next Billion
For further information: Laurie Smith, Senior Director, Strategic Communications and Audience Relations, CNW, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-863-5399, http://www.thenextbillionconference.com