MISSISSAUGA, ON, July 21, 2017 /CNW/ - Brink's Canada Limited joins the Canada 150 celebrations with its own major milestone of providing secure logistics services for Canadian businesses for 90 years.
"We have a proud history in Canada since we first opened our doors in Montreal on July 21, 1927. Today, we are proud to celebrate our 90th anniversary with all Canadians as we celebrate our country's 150th birthday," said Chris Parks, President & General Manager, Brink's Canada Limited.
"The Brink's name is synonymous with secure logistics services. Every day, we safely and securely protect millions of dollars for our customers," added Parks. "We've grown by listening to our customers and evolving our business to meet their needs. That's something we will continue to do for the next 90 years as we help companies implement innovative, efficient and cost-effective cash supply chain systems."
A short history:
- 1859: Brink's starts as a cartage business in Chicago, delivering by horse and wagon with the original motto of "Money and Valuables, Safety and Dispatch."
- 1927: Brink's Express Company opens its first international office in Montreal, Quebec, creating the Brink's Express Company of Canada.
- 1928: Brink's opens second Canadian location in Toronto, Ontario.
- 1930s - 1960s: Brink's continues to expand across Canada opening 20 locations.
- 1962: Brink's launches Brink's Air Courier Services linking Canada, the U.S. and the world with secure transportation of valuables.
- 1985: Brink's Canada offers new services to support expanding ATM networks
- 2000: Brink's CompuSafe arrives in Canada to help Canadian business owners improve their cash handling process.
- 2007: Brink's Canada opens the largest armoured car facility in North America, located in Toronto, Ontario.
- 2013: Brink's launches Daily Credit Service, which provides electronic Daily Credit of deposits long before the actual deposits are physically picked up and deposited at their financial institution.
- 2013: Brink's introduces its new Dye Box; providing secure transport of valuables to remote locations across Canada.
- Today: Brink's Canada has 42 locations, employs 2,100 Canadians and operates more than 400 armoured vehicles coast-to-coast
About Brink's Canada
Brink's is a global leader in security-related services for banks, retailers and a variety of other commercial and governmental customers. Established in 1927, Brink's Canada serves customers through a national network of over 40 locations and has a global network serving customers in over 100 countries, including over 150 locations in the U.S. Brink's Canada Limited is a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of Brink's, Incorporated. To learn more, visit www.brinks.ca.
SOURCE Brink's Canada Limited
For further information: Investor Relations and Corporate Communications, 804-289-9709