- Combines convenience of digital access with personalized advice
- Clients adjusting financial picture in real time using new online advice platform
TORONTO, March 29, 2017 /CNW/ - A new digital experience for clients, using live video to connect them in real time with advisors, has been introduced by RBC.
MyAdvisor uses an online advice platform to digitally connect a client to an advisor, where both can view and adjust a dynamic "dashboard" showing the client's savings and investment goals and establish actions to achieve those goals – all in real time.
MyAdvisor is a product of RBC's Toronto-based innovation lab; other labs are located in the U.S., the U.K. and Europe. These innovation labs co-create new products and services based on direct input from RBC clients and employees.
Now being piloted in Ontario, MyAdvisor is using feedback from pilot participants to further shape the final product ahead of full national launch, to ensure it meets the financial needs of Canadians.
While clients enrolled in the pilot may have different financial goals, their positive responses to MyAdvisor show they share one thing in common: a strong appetite for this new digital service. They are responding very positively to having real-time opportunities to make adjustments to their financial picture and digitally connect with an advisor.
"This is proving to be a very powerful financial advice experience for our clients, as they manage their financial goals using our digital capabilities and our advisors' expertise," said Michael Walker, vice-president and head, Mutual Funds Distribution & RBC Financial Planning. "MyAdvisor demonstrates what being a digitally-enabled relationship bank is all about, combining the convenience of digital access and the personalized advice of our advisors."
The RBC advisors behind MyAdvisor have been specially trained to work with the financial tools integrated into the online advice platform. They are ready to meet via live video or phone – whatever the preference is when clients book their appointments. Clients and advisors see the same information onscreen – any adjustments made on either side are viewed in real time, as they discuss the financial future clients have in mind.
"In a digitally-connected world, MyAdvisor brings to life an exciting strategy that enables our clients to access financial advice and solutions and the support of an advisor," said Kirk Dudtschak, executive vice-president, Personal & Commercial Banking. "MyAdvisor enables greater connectivity for clients to the advice and solutions they want and allows our advisors to focus on what they do best – being there for our clients, when and where they need us."
Based on the results of its pilot, RBC plans to fully launch MyAdvisor across Canada by mid-year.
Innovation at RBC
Innovation is core to our thinking at RBC. We're not only building a digitally-enabled relationship bank, we're changing how we work, collaborating with a diverse set of partners to explore new technology, and we're investing in the wider Canadian digital ecosystem to drive the future prosperity and economic success of the country. Here are a few of the ways we're innovating:
- We launched an industry-leading mobile wallet in 2015, and introduced our new mobile banking app in 2016. In RBC Personal & Commercial Banking, 60 per cent of all financial transactions, excluding cash withdrawals, are through digital and mobile channels.
- In 2015, RBC introduced the first fully cloud-based payment solution by a North American financial institution, using Host Card Emulation.
- In September 2016, RBC became a member of the Global Payments Steering Group, the first interbank group for global payments based on blockchain technology.
- We have built innovation labs in Toronto, London, Luxembourg, New York, Orlando, and San Francisco.
- We are supporting the advancement of machine learning and artificial intelligence in Canada, ensuring the country remains a leader in these emerging technologies. We have established RBC Research in machine learning, creating labs at the University of Toronto and the University of Alberta, to push the boundaries of the science around machine learning.
- We're working with leading universities to partner with the best, brightest and boldest minds that we can find. This includes building a $3 million start-up accelerator at the University of Toronto for student and graduate entrepreneurs to develop commercial ideas.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries. For more information, please visit http://www.rbc.com/.
RBC helps communities prosper, supporting a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. For more information please see: http://www.rbc.com/community-sustainability/.
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank
For further information: Kathy Bevan, RBC Communications, 416-974-8820, email@example.com