Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendations presented by the Honourable Erin O'Toole at ceremony in Richmond
RICHMOND, BC, July 13, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following British Columbia and Yukon residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Military Veterans:
- Major James Barrett, Vancouver
- Don Bingham, Kelowna
- Robert Burridge, Nanaimo
- Donald Edward Cappler, Nanaimo
- Gerald Walter Flower, Vancouver
- Darcy Grossinger (Yukon recipient), Whitehorse
- Darrel Harris (Posthumous), Delta
- Mark Ivins, Abbotsford
- William Brian McFadden, Nanaimo
- Robert Rae Underhill, North Vancouver
Through volunteer efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Armed Forces Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Military Veterans, and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Government of Canada is proud to recognize those who honour the sacrifices and contributions of our nation's heroes.
"I am honoured to recognize these volunteers for their selfless dedication and willingness to give back to our Military Veterans who have made great sacrifices in service to Canada. It is important that all Canadians recognize their valuable contributions to the care and well-being of Veterans."
The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Martin Magnan, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs , 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468