Three-year mandate for Ms. Rhonda Marie Johnson
OTTAWA, March 9, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Minister of Transport, today announced the appointment of Ms. Rhonda Marie Johnson of Port Alberni, British Columbia, to the board of directors of the Port Alberni Port Authority for a term of three years.
Ms. Johnson has lived and worked in Port Alberni since 2001: first as General Manager of Batstar Adventure Tours from 2001 to 2010, and then as a lawyer since 2010. She also taught Micro and Macro Economics at North Island College's Port Alberni Campus, from 2009 to 2012.
She is also involved in the following:
- Teaching Employment Law at Pacific Coast University/the National Institute for Disability Management and Research;
- Serving as President of the Nanaimo County Bar Association;
- Sitting on two Canadian Bar Association BC committees: Legal Aid and Court Services;
- Sitting as a board member of North Island College; and
- Acting as Vice-president of the Alberni Valley Hospice Society's Board of Directors.
Ms. Johnson holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB), a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English, and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Alberta. She was a member of the Law Society of Alberta from 1991 to 2001, and has been an active member of the Law Society of British Columbia since 2010.
- The Port Alberni Port Authority manages the port of Port Alberni under the Canada Marine Act.
- Its mission is to help increase maritime trade and marine commerce by providing a professional service that respects the environment, the community and port users.
"I am very pleased that Ms. Johnson will bring her vast experience in law, business and governance to the board of the Port Alberni Port Authority."
The Honourable Lisa Raitt
Minister of Transport
Port Alberni Port Authority
Transport Canada is online at www.tc.gc.ca. Subscribe to e-news or stay connected through RSS, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr to keep up to date on the latest from Transport Canada.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Zach Segal, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, 613-991-0700