MONTRÉAL, Oct. 4, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") has announced the members of its Mining Advisory Committee.
The mandate of the Committee is to foster exchanges with mining sector participants so the AMF can gain a better understanding of their concerns. Discussions will focus in particular on issues related to financing and continuous disclosures, in addition to Regulation 43-101 respecting Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects.
After analyzing the applications received following a call for candidates, the AMF has selected ten professionals recognized in their field for their expertise and extended vision to be members of the Committee for an initial three-year term.
The members of the Mining Advisory Committee are:
- Jeffrey Cassoff, BBA
- Michel Champagne, SIDEX
- Normand Champigny, Sphinx Ressources Ltd.
- Jean-Sébastien David, Arianne Phosphate Inc.
- Guy Desharnais, SGS Canada Inc.
- Sylvain Durocher, Ressources Québec
- Benoît Gascon, Cain Lamarre
- Jacquelin Gauthier, mining consultant
- Ingrid Martin, consultant, Chief Financial Officer of several mining companies
- Robert Wares, Osisko Mining Inc.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
SOURCE Autorité des marchés financiers
For further information: Media only: Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176 ; Information Centre: Québec City: 418-525-0337, Montréal: 514-395-0337, Toll-free: 1-877-525-0337, www.lautorite.qc.ca, Twitter: @lautorite