Following a $20 million investment, Woodgrove Centre unveils its new food court
Celebrations continue throughout the weekend #18DAYSOFGIVING
NANAIMO, BC, Nov. 17, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Today, Woodgrove Centre is celebrating the completion of its $20 million renovation project. The festivities surrounding the renovations were the perfect opportunity to welcome Santa at his new giant toy fantasy home in Centre Court, as part of the #18DAYSOFGIVING campaign. Mayor Bill McKay took part in the Christmas Tree Light-Up ceremony, which gave way to live entertainment, and fun for the entire family.
"This is an exciting day, and we are thrilled to offer a newly renovated shopping centre," said Julia Dow, General Manager, Woodgrove Centre. "Woodgrove Centre is at the heart of the Nanaimo community, and is the retail destination of choice on Vancouver Island. The renovation will elevate the shopping experience to meet the expectations of our discerning customers."
Highlights of the renovation include:
- Exterior finishes;
- Renovated entrances with new automatic sliding doors, architectural treatment, signage, lighting and floor finishes;
- LED lighting throughout the shopping centre;
- New finishes throughout the common areas, including flooring and ceiling treatments and upgraded comfortable seating;
- A new guest services location with larger premises and new services;
- Architectural ceiling treatments in the open Centre Court area;
- A new and stylish food court with 80 additional seats including:
- Charging stations;
- Improved recycling facilities;
- The food court portion of the renovation project is pursuing LEED-CI (Commercial Interiors) certification;
- Renovated and modernized customer washrooms.
During the renovation celebration, Charles Champagne, Vice President, Operations, Retail, Ivanhoé Cambridge, handed a $5,000 cheque to United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island on behalf of Woodgrove Centre, and as part of #18DAYSOFGIVING.
Please visit woodgrovecentre.com for more information. Follow on facebook.com/woodgrovecentre/ Twitter @WoodgroveCentre, and Instagram @WoodgroveCentre and join the celebration on social media using the #18DAYSOFGIVING hashtag.
Note to editors: photos are available by clicking on the following link: https://pixel.ivanhoecambridge.com/web/3327254833e4edf4/woodgrove/
About Woodgrove Centre
Woodgrove Centre, owned and managed by Ivanhoé Cambridge, is the market-dominant retail destination and focal point for shopping in Nanaimo. The centre features 748,000 square feet of retail space and is Vancouver Island's largest shopping centre, attracting approximately 5.6 million visitors per year.
Woodgrove is home to over 140 stores and services, including Walmart, Hudson's Bay, Old Navy, Pier 1 Imports, Chapters, Sport Chek and Save-On-Foods. Woodgrove is 50% owned and managed by Ivanhoé Cambridge, a pre-eminent Canadian-based global property owner, manager, developer and investor.
SOURCE Ivanhoé Cambridge
For further information: Ivanhoé Cambridge Public Affairs, +1.866-456-3342, email@example.com