MONTRÉAL, Oct. 4, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - The September 30 Lotto Max jackpot worth $37,499,701 was won by four members of a three-generation family. Johanne Leblond, Guy Leblond, Patrick Lamothe and Yanick Lamothe-Leblond from Montréal took home the tidy sum!
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $37,499,701
- Draw date: September 30, 2016
- Winner's place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Pharmacie Richard Cardinal (1500 Boulevard Angrignon, LaSalle)
- The retailer will receive a $374,997 prize, equal to 1% of the win.
- The group occasionally buys lottery tickets together, especially when the jackpot gets big.
- When the cashier validated Mr. Leblond's ticket, she first thought that he had won a free play. Once she read the validation coupon, she realized that he had won the jackpot.
- She handed him the coupon that indeed indicated $37,499,701.
- As soon as Mr. Leblond learned of the actual amount they'd won, he met with the three other members of the group to announce the good news.
- Incredulous, François Lamothe, Mr. Leblond's son-in-law, downloaded Loto-Québec's Lotteries application to see for himself.
- The new multi-millionaires have already come up with lots of plans, but will still take some time to reflect before actually doing anything, although Yanick Lamothe-Leblond has his eyes on a new computer.
- "Sir, you've won, you've won!" said the cashier after validating the winning ticket.
- "How much? A $100… $200?" Mr. Leblond prodded.
Earlier this year, Marie-Claude Turcotte, from Sorel-Tracy, pocketed the $50 million Loto Max jackpot in the May 6, 2016, draw. Quebecers were also lucky in other lotteries, as from January 1 to October 4, 2016, Loto-Québec paid out 72 prizes worth $1 million or more!
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/LotoQcLoteries Hashtag: #lotoquebec
Image with caption: "Patrick Lamothe, Yanick Lamothe-Leblond, Johanne Leblond and Guy Leblond (CNW Group/Loto-Québec)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161004_C7279_PHOTO_EN_788567.jpg
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, email@example.com