– QUANTICO emerges as this fall's new breakout hit as 2.6 million Canadians watch the Sept. 27 premiere –
– BLINDSPOT premiere becomes #2 new series in the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos and lands 2.2 million total viewers –
– With +5 days of playback data, CODE BLACK is set to become a Top 4 new series and a Top 20 program overall –
– In Week 2 THE BIG BANG THEORY continues its reign as Canada's #1 series among A25-54, while MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. and GOTHAM are the Top 2 dramas in all key demos –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1FTv1hz
TORONTO, Oct. 7, 2015 /CNW/ - With final data for Week 1 of the Fall TV Season now available, Numeris data confirms CTV's QUANTICO has had the biggest premiere of any new series to date. With 2.6 million viewers for its Sunday, Sept. 27 debut, QUANTICO is the #1 fall series premiere with total viewers and also in all key demos. Impressively, QUANTICO was also the second most-watched program on Canadian television overall for the week for A18-49, and #3 with A25-54. Final data from Week 1 also confirms a strong premiere for BLINDSPOT with 2.2 million viewers, making it the #2 series premiere in the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos behind QUANTICO, and among the Top 3 new series with total viewers and A18-34.
A closer look at Week 1 Final Data:
- CTV remains the #1 network with more Top 10 and Top 20 series than any other network with total viewers and in all key demos. CTV also has the Top 7 programs among A18-34 and A18-49.
- THE BIG BANG THEORY returned as Canada's most-watched TV series with total viewers (2.8 million) and in all key demos.
- CTV is home to the top returning dramas among the key demos, with GOTHAM #1 among A25-54 and A18-49, and GREY'S ANATOMY #1 with A18-34.
- SAVING HOPE's Season 4 premiere was watched by 1.5 million viewers on Sept. 24, up +11% with total viewers and +18% A18-34 over its Season 3 premiere, ranking in the Top 20 with the key A18-34 demo.
With Week 2 preliminary data, which includes available playback, QUANTICO maintains its status as the #1 new series with total viewers (2.1 million), while returning series MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. and GOTHAM are the Top 2 dramas in all key demos.
A closer look at Week 2 Trends (preliminary data plus available playback):
- CTV now has three of the Top 4 new shows among total viewers and in all key demos with QUANTICO, BLINDSPOT, and CODE BLACK.
- With five days of playback now available following its premiere on Sept. 30, CODE BLACK (2 million) is pacing to land a spot in the Top 20 with total viewers and in all key demos.
- Following its Season 3 premiere on Sept. 29, MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. is the #1 series among A18-34 and A18-49, and ranks in the Top 5 for A25-54 with six days of playback.
- With seven days of playback, GOTHAM ranks #2 with A25-54 and #3 for A18-34 and A18-49. GOTHAM's Week 2 audience is trending above Week 1 among A18-49 and A25-54.
- A Top 6 series among total viewers and all key demos with five days of playback available, the season premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS (Sept. 30) was watched by 2.3 million viewers.
Highlights of Week 3 Preliminary Overnight Data:
- The third episode of CTV's BLINDSPOT on Monday climbed to 1.6 million viewers, 3% higher than its series premiere, and a record-high overnight audience for the series.
- GOTHAM's third episode on Monday (1.3 million) also saw an increase with audiences, up 5% from its episode a week earlier.
The premieres continue on CTV and CTV GO tonight (Oct. 7) with the season premiere of ARROW at 8 p.m. ET/PT. On CTV Two, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is back on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, and the season premiere of REIGN airs Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 14 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada), Premiere Week: Sept 21-27 (Final Data), Week 2: Sept 28-Oct 4 based on preliminary data with playback (PB) up to Oct. 5, 2015: Monday programs PB +7 days, Tuesday programs PB +6 days, Wednesday programs PB +5 days, Thursday programs PB +4 days, Friday programs PB +3 days, Saturday programs PB +2 days, and Sunday programs PB +1 day.
For further information: Tonia Addison, CTV Networks, 416.384.2194 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Christy Sullivan, CTV Networks, 416.384.3624 or email@example.com