OTTAWA, 21 Oct. 2015 /CNW/ - On 28 October 2015, Claigan Environmental Inc. (www.claigan.com) will present a webinar on frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding conflict minerals compliance. This webinar will be exclusively based on questions submitted to Claigan by industry.
Claigan's initial all-FAQ based webinar from April was extremely well received and attendees requested a second webinar for later in 2015. The format of this webinar will consist exclusively of responses to industry supplied questions regarding conflict minerals. As a first step, industry was invited to submit questions for inclusion in the webinar. These questions have since been collected, collated, and will form the basis of this webinar.
A sample of the submitted questions
- How do we help customers with their documentation requirements without incurring technical or legal risk?
- Are metal compounds in scope?
- When I submit my CMRT to customers I often get a response back saying that they require 100% response rate from suppliers and they will not allow me to submit smelters where I answer "smelter not listed."
- We have conducted a "reasonable country of origin inquiry" on our supply chain, but customers are still asking for more details and absolute certainty. How do we respond?
- We are privately held and our customer demands that we implement due diligence measures for conflict-free sourcing. How do we respond?
- Does the company scope declaration cover our whole company supply chain or only all products supplied to the customer we issue the declaration?
- What is the "burden of proof" for my company to claim DRC Conflict-Free?
- We have a smelter not currently on the CFSI approved smelter list but listed as undertaking Extended Corrective Action Plans. Do we need to replace this smelter in our supply chain?
- What do I do with smelters not on the CFSI list? Is there a way to self-rate/validate the smelters or refiners independently of the CFSI?
- Do I have to provide part level declarations?
- What is our responsibility to provide "unscrubbed" smelter data to our customers who are requesting we fill out the smelter tab?
- If some of our suppliers are unable to fully comply (100% smelters are approved), how does it affect us as issuer?
- If the supplier refuses to use EICC template, how does it affect us?
- Is yearly update of supplier RCOI information sufficient?
- How do we react when a supplier does not give the address of a smelter that is not listed?
- How do we treat a supplier who answers he is conflict free but does not report any smelter data even though he uses tin in his products?
- How do we handle obsolete smelter data of a supplier who gave smelter data in 2013 or 2014 but did not respond to requests and reminders in 2015?
Due to the expected interest in this topic, two (2) webinars are being held on October 28th to accommodate a larger audience and global time zones.
Webinar - FAQ on Conflict Minerals
Date: 28 October 2015
Time: 10 am and 2 pm Eastern
Duration: 1 hour plus Q&A
Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/9025421830652910337 or on Claigan Website at http://www.claigan.com/signup.php
Register now or send an e-mail to email@example.com. For more information on Claigan Environmental's conflict minerals see Claigan's services at http://www.claigan.com/conflict-minerals.php.
About Claigan Environmental (www.claigan.com)
Claigan is a leading provider of compliance and due diligence for Conflict Minerals and is the only service provider to pass an independent private sector audit. Claigan is dedicated to providing practical solutions for supply chain due diligence and social responsibility. At Claigan, we believe in 'More Results. Less Journey.'
SOURCE Claigan Environmental Inc.