With Over Sixty Years of Innovation Weber Launches #GrillofaLifetime!
VAUGHAN, ON, April 6, 2016 /CNW/ - The Company that ignited a backyard revolution in 1952 with the late George Stephen's invention of the iconic Weber kettle grill is proud to introduce the ultimate charcoal #GrillofaLifetime! After years of extensive research and development, Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's premier manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills and grilling accessories, today announced the debut of the first-ever Weber Summit Charcoal Grill.
"With charcoal being the fastest growing segment in outdoor grills, and with 46%* of Canadians ranking charcoal grills their top choice for flavour, the time is right to introduce this premium, multi-purpose Weber grill into the Canadian market," said Patricia Larez, Vice President of Marketing, Weber-Stephen Canada."
Built with Weber DNA and made by grillers for grillers, the uniquely designed Summit Charcoal Grill offers an abundance of desirable features in one sharp looking grill, providing backyard chefs with convenience, versatility and quality under one durable lid. "As its name implies, the Summit Charcoal Grill is top-of-the-line offering consumers ultimate control and convenience to guarantee perfect results each and every cookout, whether using the Direct, Indirect, or low and slow cooking methods. It's the only grill of its kind in Weber's charcoal line and will appeal to both charcoal and gas grillers, making the new Summit Charcoal a grill of a lifetime!" added Larez.
The Summit Charcoal Grill combines three of the best grilling features found in the original Weber Kettle, the innovative Performer grill and the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, in one-multi-functional, ultimate charcoal grill. Available in black, the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill is available at select Canadian stores and is priced at $1,999.99 (MSRP).
Consumers will have the option to upgrade to the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Centre which includes all of the features found on the Summit Charcoal Grill listed below plus a stainless steel tabletop and wire storage basket, diffuser plate storage area, and Char-bin storage container that holds up to 20 lbs. of charcoal (MSRP $2,499.99).
Attributes and highlights of the Summit Charcoal Grill include:
- Weber Kettle: Similar in design as the original Kettle, it incorporates a porcelain-enameled lid and bowl that is air insulated and double-walled which allows the grill to hold low, steady temperatures for long periods of time. And with a 24" diameter cooking surface, it offers 25% more cooking area than the standard Kettle grill.
- Snap Jet Gas Grill Ignition System: Until now, this system was only available on the Weber Summit gas grill but is now available on the Summit Charcoal grill. Snap Jet Gas Ignition offers the convenience of a gas start— with the simple flick of a switch, your charcoal is lit within 15 minutes. Set it and forget it!
- Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker: Borrowing from the very best Weber Smoker, the Summit Charcoal Grill is also perfect for low and slow cooking.
- Rapid Fire Lid Damper: Help ignite charcoal faster and brings temperatures up quickly during the cooking process – get grilling in 20 minutes!
- Gourmet Barbecue System (GBS) Hinged Cooking Grate: This stainless steel cooking grate comes with a removable insert that is easily replaced with any of the available GBS system cookware accessories, transforming your grill into a complete cooking centre. Accessories include: wok, griddle, pizza stone, sear grate and poultry roaster. (Sold separately)
- Cooking Zone Indicator: A large and easy to read lid thermometer indicates cooking zones such as low, medium and high to keep grilling informed of grill temperatures at all times.
- Hinged Diffuser Plate – Helps maintain consistent low temperatures for slow cooking.
A free, downloadable copy of Weber's Charcoal Summit e-cookbook will be available to customers who register their Summit Charcoal Grill online. The cookbook includes 95 delicious recipes with colour photos and top grilling tips to make any outdoor chef a backyard hero!
Hi-res images available upon request. Visit www.webercanada.ca for more information.
To arrange an interview with Weber Grill Expert Chef Michael P. Clive, please contact Theresa Stahl firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-336-5700.
*Weber-Stephen Canada Co. commissioned KeyStat Marketing to field the Canadian GrillWatch Survey. Slightly over 1,000 grill owners throughout Canada completed the online survey during October 2015. All respondents were over age 21 and owned one or more outdoor grills.
SOURCE Weber-Stephen Canada Co.
Image with caption: "The new Weber Charcoal Summit #GrillofaLifetime will appeal to both gas and charcoal grillers offering convenience, versatility and quality. (CNW Group/Weber-Stephen Canada Co.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160406_C7141_PHOTO_EN_658869.jpg
Image with caption: "Weber logo (CNW Group/Weber-Stephen Canada Co.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160406_C7141_PHOTO_EN_658867.jpg
For further information: Theresa Stahl, (905) 336-5700, email@example.com