Sears Canada's NEW #HappyRenewYear initiative supports women seeking a healthy work-life balance
TORONTO, Feb. 17, 2016 /CNW/ - Every year, many Canadian women set out to make New Year's Resolutions, but with ever increasingly demanding work and home lives, it's often quite challenging for them to keep up with their new routines. Whether women want to get in shape, give up a bad habit or be more confident, Sears Canada wants to help with its brand new #HappyRenewYear initiative – offering easy, cost-effective solutions and clever hints and tips to help Canadian women achieve their healthy goals.
A new survey* released today by Fusion Retail Analytics in partnership with Sears Canada, found that 64 per cent of Canadian women unfortunately say they have to give up their resolutions within the first three months of the year, mainly due to their hectic schedules. #HappyRenewYear is one part of Sears Canada's commitment to helping Canadian women stay on track and renew themselves, all year-long.
Survey Says: Canadian women need support!
Fusion surveyed Canadian women, aged 35 to 49, on how they feel about their yearly resolutions and the roadblocks they face trying to achieve them.
- 77 per cent of Canadian women make a New Year's Resolution;
- The majority, 64 per cent, give up on their resolution within the first three months of the year;
- More than 60 per cent of resolutions that are made focus on getting in shape, losing weight, and eating healthier;
- Changing priorities, maintaining a strict schedule with a busy family-life, and focusing on family over self, are the main reasons stated by women for giving up on their healthy goals.
No matter whether Canadian women are just starting to achieve their health goals, or are interested in taking their workout to the next level, Sears Canada can help every step of the way! From athletic apparel and multi-functional fitness equipment, to the hottest yoga accessories, Sears Canada is the ideal destination to help time-starved women build health and wellness into their everyday lifestyle, all year long.
"Sears understands that it's getting more and more difficult for women to manage a healthy work-life balance, what with driving kids to soccer and dance practice, taking care of the house and date night, all while managing a career," says Gail Galea, Senior Vice-President, Home & Hardlines, Sears Canada Inc. "It's often 'me time' that suffers, and in recognizing this trend, we decided to offer our customers what they need to easily integrate health and wellness into their lives year-round."
Don't Give Up! Sears Canada's Top Tips to Keep Up with Your Resolutions
The health and wellness experts at Sears Canada offer these handy hints and tips designed to help women stay motivated through those tricky first three months of goal setting:
- Ditch the snooze button. Wake up 30 minutes early for a quick workout and healthy breakfast at home before starting your work day. This will help you feel accomplished, energized and excited all before 7am! Tip: Walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes every day, burns an extra 1,000 to 1,500 calories a week!
- Make staying on track with your goals easy! Celebrate mini-milestones and achievements with a fun, well-deserved treat. Why not reward yourself with fresh, new workout wear like Sears PURE NRG ATHLETICS ®/MD Athletic Capri or Performance Tank ($13.97).
- Get moving! Every day activities can be an easy exercise opportunity. Use the commercial breaks in your favourite TV show, or downtime when picking up your kids at hockey, to do some easy workouts on the go, such as leg lifts, bicep curls or marching on the spot. Why not grab a set of Hers Kettle Bell weights ($99.99) to intensify the exercise? This makes for a time-saving, efficient and effective workout!
- Save time and money, get fit at home! More than 55 per cent of women surveyed prefer working out at home to spending an average $1,400 per year on a gym membership. At-home fitness equipment and accessories are easily found, purchased and delivered at Sears, often for less than the cost of an annual gym membership.
- Get your "Om" on and make time to renew yourself with yoga! It not only benefits your physical health, it helps reset your mind, increase focus and creativity, and improves sleep. Do your downward dog at home on the Gaiam™ Printed Premium Yoga Mat ($39.99).
- Make meal planning and prep a part of your weekend To Do list to save time during the workweek! Set yourself up for success and make meal prep easy with the Magic Bullet Blender ($49.97) and the Breville® Juice Fountain™ Duo ($319.99) from Sears Canada.
- Get your friends and family on board! Living a healthier lifestyle is so much easier when you have your loved ones' support. Why not make working out a group activity, or family routine? Cheer each other on and stage weekly check-ins using a BIOS Glass Electronic Scale ($44.99) to hold each other accountable.
- Change up your workouts to keep things interesting. It's easy to fall off the wagon when your exercises become boring and routine. Try something new that will target different muscle groups like Pilates in the comfort of your home with the STOTT PILATES SPX™ Reformer Package ($3,199.99) or channel your inner UFC® athlete with the UFC® Resistance Fitness Kit ($32.99).
Shape up at Sears Canada
The fitness collection at Sears Canada includes everything from workout wear and accessories to restorative equipment, treadmills and home gyms, by Canada's favorite brands including NordicTrack and Bowflex. With this help Canadians can achieve a challenging and engaging home workout that provides key benefits such as weight loss and improved cardiovascular health and flexibility. Feature Sears Fitness products include:
PURE NRG ATHLETICS®/MD Canada's Best Studio Tank - $29.97
Keep it cool and casual in this Pure NRG racer back tank. It features flat lock seams to eliminate chafing against your skin, a built-in bra for maximum comfort, and moisture wicking fabric that helps keep you dry and comfortable.
PURE NRG ATHLETICS®/MD 'Studio' Fashion Pant - $49.99
Live a fit and active lifestyle with sporty activewear that works just as hard. These PURE NRG ATHLETICS 'Studio' pants have the look, fit and feel of top-brand yoga and athletic wear without the insane price tag. Nylon-polyester-spandex, semi-fitted, mid rise pant are made to look and feel good.
Gaiam™ No Slip Yoga Socks - $14.99
These specially designed socks provide the slip-free security of a yoga mat and the toe-wiggling freedom of being barefoot. For women practicing Yoga and Pilates, the No Slip Yoga Socks help with balance and stability to allow them to flow through their practice with ease.
Gaiam™ Printed Premium Yoga Mat - $39.99
The extra thick Premium Yoga Mat provides a stable non-slip surface for yoga practice, at home or in the studio, to ensure the safety and comfort necessary for proper alignment and stability during poses. Printed with a natural inspired leaf design and manufactured free of the top six most harmful phthalates, this mat is a healthy choice for the planet!
Gaiam™ Restore 12" Textured Foam Roller Kit - $34.99
Treat muscles to a deep massage with the Textured Foam Roller, one of the hottest new items for home fitness in Canada. The compact size allows users to work smaller regions or isolate certain muscle groups, at home or at the office. The roller is also ideal for releasing built-up tension and relieving stiffness.
NordicTrack® 'C800' Treadmill - $2,599.99
Forget crowded gyms and gym fees. Forget worrying about the weather. With 24-preset programs and readouts to monitor progress, work out at home with ease by walking and jogging your way to fitness in no time.
NordicTrack® E 6.7 Elliptical - $1,499.99
A strong cardio workout for the upper and lower body that reduces impact on joints, the elliptical trainer allows users to work multiple muscle groups, burn calories and increase overall fitness levels. The NordicTrack® E 6.7 Elliptical features 20 digital resistance levels, 20 inches of adjustable stride and key features to track progress, replicate outdoor running routes and custom-tailor workouts to match specific goals
"Our health and wellness team is committed to helping and inspiring Canadians to get active and live a happy, healthy life," added Ms. Galea. "We want to help make good health a reality for our customers by offering affordable, effective solutions for the whole family."
Please visit Sears.ca to shop online and/or to find a store location near you.
LIKE Sears Canada on Facebook.com/SearsCanada
Tweet @SearsCA using #HappyRenewYear
Post @sears_canada using #HappyRenewYear
About Sears Canada
Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 162 corporate stores, 144 Hometown stores, over 1,200 catalogue and online merchandise pick-up locations, 84 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide repair and service network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca.
*From January 12, 2016 to January 13, 2016, an online survey was conducted among 501 randomly selected Canadian women aged 35-49 years by Fusion Retail Analytics as part of a National Research Panel. The margin of error—which measures sampling variability—is +/- 4.4%.
High-res product images and the #HappyRenewYear Infographic is available for download:
SOURCE Sears Canada Inc.
Image with caption: "Survey Says: Canadian women need support (CNW Group/Sears Canada Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160217_C8126_PHOTO_EN_621809.jpg
For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Ciara Dalziel, Strategic Objectives, Ciara.email@example.com, 416.366.7735 ext. 237