Less than $4 per person
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 18 /CNW/ - With a week until Christmas and Christmas-dinner preparations in full swing, Walmart Canada is helping Canadians celebrate the holiday with record price reductions and every day low prices on key holiday meal items. Walmart's supercentres nationwide will be offering a traditional turkey dinner for eight for less than $30.
Groceries make up a significant part of shoppers' budgets at Christmas. "This Christmas, Canadians may be trimming their budgets, but their turkey dinners will have all the trimmings," said Les Mann, vice president of food and consumables for Walmart Canada. "Walmart's affordable turkey dinner ensures family favorites will be on the menu again this year."
Shoppers at Walmart Canada's 75 supercentre locations nationally can purchase the following items for a Christmas turkey dinner for eight for less than $30*:
- Frozen Grade A 5 - 7 kg turkey
- 1 5-lb bag of potatoes
- 1 package of Green Giant frozen vegetables (assorted varieties)
- 1 box of Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce
- 1 can of Franco-American turkey gravy
- 12-pack white or whole wheat dinner rolls (available in our in-store
- 10" apple pie
*Prices effective until December 24.
Other food items shoppers can enjoy during the holiday season include:
- Holiday appetizers, frozen, assorted varieties, 624 g - 960g, $10
- Ocean Jewel frozen cooked shrimp, 908 g bag, $8
- Edelbrand mini or half hams, 900 g - 1 kg, $5
- Authentic New York style cheesecake, assorted flavours, 6", $5.97
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates, 500g, $4.98
For the third year in a row, Walmart Canada has been ranked the top destination for Christmas shoppers with 65 per cent of respondents planning to shop at Walmart stores according to Maritz Research Canada's 2009 Canadian Holiday Shopping Poll.
"Customers shopping our aisles trust us to provide unbeatable prices and shopping convenience," added Mann. "This year is no exception. With our record Rollbacks and price reductions, we are doing our part to help Canadians celebrate a very Merry Christmas."
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates 314 outlets nationwide serving more than one million Canadians each day. With more than 82,000 associates, the company is the nation's third-largest employer. In 2009, Walmart Canada's corporate culture was ranked among the 10 most admired corporate cultures in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital Inc.
SOURCE Walmart Canada
For further information: For further information: Felicia Fefer, Corporate Affairs, Walmart Canada, (905) 821-2111 x. 4466