VN Capital Management, LLC announces acquisition of shares of Big Rock Brewery Inc.

/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES AND NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES/

TORONTO, Nov. 21, 2016 /CNW/ - VN Capital Management, LLC ("VN") announced today that between April 8, 2015 and April 29, 2016, it acquired, on behalf of VN Capital Fund I, LP ("Fund I"), an aggregate of 172,700 common shares of Big Rock Brewery Inc. (the "Issuer"), representing approximately 2.51% of the issued and outstanding common shares of the Issuer, bringing VN's total holdings in the Issuer from 17.72% to 20.23%.  These shares were acquired through the facilities of the Toronto Stock Exchange and ranged in price from C$4.90 to C$7.40 per share. The aggregate consideration paid by VN for these shares was approximately C$1,024,671.

Between April 8, 2015 and December 31, 2015, pursuant to several transactions, VN acquired on behalf of Fund I an aggregate of 137,200 common shares of the Issuer (being an increase from 1,218,500 to 1,355,700 common shares of the Issuer), representing an increase in holdings in the Issuer of 2.00% (being an increase from 17.72% to 19.72%).  Between December 31, 2015 and April 19, 2016, pursuant to several transactions, VN acquired on behalf of Fund I an aggregate of 35,500 additional common shares of the Issuer (being an increase from 1,355,700 to 1,391,200 common shares of the Issuer), representing an increase in holdings in the Issuer of 0.51% (being an increase from 19.72% to 20.23%). VN has not acquired any additional common shares of the Issuer since April 19, 2016.

For each acquisition following which VN's holdings in the Issuer were more than 20%, VN relied upon the normal course purchase exemption set forth in section 100 of the Securities Act (Ontario) (as it then read) and equivalent securities legislation elsewhere.  Specifically, VN acquired on behalf of Fund I the following common shares of the Issuer through the facilities of the Toronto Stock Exchange: on March 24, 2016, 10,000 shares at a price of C$5.09 per share; on April 6, 2016, 1,300 shares at a price of C$4.90 per share; on April 12, 2016, 1,200 shares at a price of US$3.90 (C$4.99) per share; and on April 19, 2016, 12,300 shares at a price of US$3.95 (C$5.00) per share.

As of today's date, VN has control over 1,391,200 common shares of the Issuer, representing 20.23% of the issued and outstanding common shares of the Issuer, and its joint actor, Fund I, has ownership over these shares.

The shares were acquired in the ordinary course of business for investment purposes only and not for the purpose of exercising control or direction over the Issuer.  Depending on various factors, VN may take such actions with respect to its investment in the Issuer as it deems appropriate including, without limitation, purchasing additional securities or other financial instruments related to the Issuer or selling some or all of the securities, engaging in hedging or similar transactions with respect to securities related to the Issuer and/or otherwise changing its intentions with respect to the purposes of its investment in the Issuer.

Except as described in the preceding paragraph, VN has no plans or future intentions which relate to or would result in any of the matters described in items (a) through (k) of Form 62-103F1.

The Issuer's head office is located at 5555 - 76 Ave. SE, Calgary, Alberta T2C 4L8.

VN is a limited liability company formed under the laws of Delaware.  Its principal business is acting as a non-registered investment advisory firm located in New York, New York.

An early warning report will be electronically filed by VN with the applicable securities commission in each jurisdiction where the Issuer is reporting and will be available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.

SOURCE VN Capital Management, LLC

For further information: or to obtain a copy of the early warning report, please contact P. Donnell Noone at (212) 393-1140. VN Capital Management, LLC, 1133 Broadway, Suite 1609, New York, NY 10010

Organization Profile

VN Capital Management, LLC

More on this organization


Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890