- 53% of Q3 campaigns ran cross-screen; 154% increase YOY
- 170% YOY increase in number of mobile campaigns
TORONTO, Nov. 19, 2015 /CNW/ -- Videology – a leading software provider for converged TV and video advertising – found that the majority of Canadian video campaigns now run cross-screen.
According to an analysis of all impressions running through Videology's platform in Canada during the third quarter, there was a 154% year-over-year increase in the number of campaigns delivered on more than one type of device, accounting for over half of all online video ad campaigns (53%) in Q3 2015. Specifically, in Q3, 41% of all campaigns ran ads that were shown on PC and Mobile, while 12% were shown on PC, Mobile and OTT (over the top).
"Instead of thinking in terms of device planning, advertisers are focusing on the consumer, and using data to reach audiences wherever they are consuming content. It's all about finding the right mix of screens to deliver the best outcomes for a given brand," said Scott Ferber, Videology Chairman and CEO. "If anyone questions whether cross-screen planning is delivering better results, one need only look at the trend trajectory. Advertisers flock to strategies that work."
Additionally, the analysis found that the cumulative number of campaigns with a mobile component on the Videology platform grew 170% year-over-year, accounting for 56% of all campaigns in Q3. In contrast, 44% of campaigns used mobile in Q3 2014.
Other key findings from the third quarter analysis of Videology's platform include:
- The Auto ad category made up 25% of all impressions in Q3, leading all other categories. But because of the recent national election, Political ads saw the most growth year-over-year, skyrocketing 85x, and accounting for roughly 7% of all impressions.
- Advertisers are increasingly using tactics outside of routine demo targeting to reach their audiences. Among the most commonly used tactics in Q3 were geo targeting (52% of all campaigns), behavioural targeting (29%) and domain targeting (28%).
- The number of campaigns running cross-screen in Q3 jumped 154% year-over-year, accounting for 53% of all campaigns on the Videology platform in Q3.
- Audience verification was selected by advertisers as a campaign objective in the Videology platform 66% of the time, up from 38% to begin the year in Q1. View thru rate was the most popular choice, chosen for 75% of campaigns.
Videology's complete Q3 2015 Canadian Market-at-a-Glance infographic can be found at http://bit.ly/Q3VideoMarket
Videology (videologygroup.com) is a leading software provider for converged TV and video advertising. By simplifying big data, we empower marketers and media companies to make smarter advertising decisions to fully harness the value of their audience across screens. Our technology enables our customers to manage, measure and optimize digital video and TV advertising to achieve the best results in the converging media landscape.
Videology, Inc., is a privately-held, venture-backed company, whose investors include Catalyst Investors, Comcast Ventures, NEA, Pinnacle Ventures, and Valhalla Partners. Videology is headquartered in New York, NY, with key offices in Baltimore, Austin, Toronto, London, Paris, Madrid, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and sales teams across North America.
For more information, contact Michele Skettino at Michele@videologygroup.com or 212-231-7853.