- VersaPay Solutions Grows 72% Year Over Year -
TORONTO, Nov. 29, 2016 /CNW/ - VersaPay Corporation (TSXV: VPY) ("VersaPay" or the "Company"), a leading provider of cloud-based invoicing, accounts receivable management and payment solutions, today announced the Company's third quarter (Q3) financial results for the three-month period ended September 30, 2016.
"We are very pleased with the growth in both our Software and Merchant Services businesses," said Craig O'Neill, CEO of VersaPay. "In particular, our software revenues grew by more than 72% as suppliers and their customers come online and increase their use of the ARCÔ platform. Notably, as customers become accustomed to transacting online we are seeing the volume of payments processed on ARC™ rise rapidly, with $21.3 million in payments made in the quarter, a 50% increase in total payments since the platform was launched."
- VersaPay Solutions revenue for the three months ended September 30, 2016 increased by 72% to $0.40 million compared to $0.23 million for the three months ended September 30, 2015. VersaPay Solutions revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 increased by 78% to $1.04 million compared to $0.59 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2015.
- Total revenue for Q3 2016 increased by 33% to $1.85 million compared to $1.39 million in Q3 2015. Total revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 increased by 24% to $5.02 million compared to $4.04 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2015.
- POS Merchant Services revenue for the three months ended September 30, 2016 increased 26% to $1.45 million compared to $1.16 million for the three months ended September 30, 2015. POS Merchant Services revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 increased 15% totaling $3.98 million compared to $3.45 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2015.
- Gross margin percentage for the three-month period ended September 30, 2016 was 57%, compared to 53% in Q3 2015.
- Cash operating expense for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 was $6.56 million compared to $6.00 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2015. The increase reflects the Company's strategy of building the VersaPay Solutions business and the timing of receivable and payable accounts.
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) loss of $0.88 million in Q3 2016, compared to loss of $1.16 million in Q3 2015, in accordance with the Company's plans to invest in the VersaPay Solutions business. For the nine months ended September 30, 2016 Adjusted EBITDA loss totalled $3.42 million compared to Adjusted EBITDA loss of $3.40 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2015.
- Total comprehensive loss for Q3 2016 was $0.99 million compared to a loss of $1.63 million for Q3 2015. Total comprehensive loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 was $4.12 million compared to $4.11 million for the same period in 2015.
- As at September 30, 2016, the Company had cash on hand of $3.94 million compared to $3.34 million as at December 31, 2015.
(1) Adjusted EBITDA is defined as earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization, share-based payments, other income and expense, and other comprehensive income. Adjusted EBITDA is a non-IFRS financial measure which does not have any standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS and is therefore unlikely to be comparable to similar measures presented by other issuers. It should not be considered in isolation as a substitute for measures of performance prepared in accordance with IFRS. Please refer to the Company's management's discussion and analysis for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 for further information on the Company's use of Adjusted EBITDA and a reconciliation of Adjusted EBITDA to net earnings.
At time of writing, VersaPay ARC's client count, that is the number of suppliers signed up to publish invoices to their end-customers and to receive payment online, stands at 80. Total number of clients that are live and fully operational is 65. Over 28,000 end-customers are now on the platform and they made over $16 million in payments since the end of Q3 – an increase of just over 25% in total payments processed since the platform was launched in 2015.
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM Eastern Time
Participant Dial-in Numbers:
Local – Toronto (+1) 416 764 8609
Toll Free – North America (+1) 888 390 0605
Conference ID: 52934466
Recording Playback Numbers:
Toronto (+1) 416 764 8677
Toll Free – North America (+1) 888 390 0541
Passcode: 934466 #
Expiry Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:00 AM
A live audio webcast and archive of the conference call will be available by visiting the Company's website at http://www.versapay.com/company/investor-relations/. Please connect at least 15 minutes prior to the conference call to ensure time for any software download that may be needed to hear the webcast.
VersaPay is a leading cloud-based invoice presentment and payment provider for businesses of all sizes. VersaPay's ARC software-as-a-service offering allows businesses to easily deliver customized electronic invoices to their customers, to accept credit card and EFT payments and automatically reconcile payments to their ERP and accounting software. VersaPay is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in Montreal.
More information about VersaPay can be found on the Company's website at www.versapay.com or under the Company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Forward Looking and Other Cautionary Statements
This news release contains "forward-looking information" which may include, but is not limited to, statements with respect to the activities, events or developments that the Company expects or anticipates will or may occur in the future. Such forward-looking information is often, but not always, identified by the use of words and phrases such as "plans," "expects," "is expected," "budget," "scheduled," "estimates," "forecasts," "intends," "anticipates," or "believes" or variations (including negative variations) of such words and phrases, or state that certain actions, events or results "may," "could," "would," "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved.
These forward-looking statements, and any assumptions upon which they are based, are made in good faith and reflect our current judgment regarding the direction of our business. Management believes that these assumptions are reasonable. Forward-looking information involves known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking information. Such factors include, among others, risks related to the speculative nature of the Company's business, the Company's formative stage of development and the Company's financial position.
Forward-looking statements contained herein are made as of the date of this news release and the Company disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or results, except as may be required by applicable securities laws. There can be no assurance that forward-looking information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE VersaPay Corporation
For further information: John McLeod, Vice President, Marketing, VersaPay Corporation, 647-258-9406, firstname.lastname@example.org; Babak Pedram, Investor Relations, Virtus Advisory Group Inc., 416-644-5081, email@example.com