HAWKESBURY, ON, Feb. 6 /CNW/ - Yesterday, February 5, 2010, Pascal NORMAND, 32 of Lachute, Quebec was arrested on an outstanding warrant for robbery.
The Sûreté du Québec (SQ), Mirabel Police and the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are continuing their joint investigation into several serious offences that occurred in Mirabel, Brownsburg-Chatham, Québec and Hawkesbury, Ontario between November 26, 2009 and January 6, 2010.
On February 3, 2010 police under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch charged several people for armed robberies, home invasions and break and enters that involved violence.
The charges are in relation to:
1) A break-in that occurred between November 26 and 27, 2009 at Stephanie's Restaurant, located on Highway 34 in Champlain Township, Ontario
2) A home invasion that occurred on November 30, 2009 at a residence in Vankleek Hill, Ontario.
3) A home invasion in Mirabel, Québec on December 14, 2009.
4) A robbery on December 16, 2009 where the victim was lured to a residence in Brownsburg-Chatham, Québec.
5) An armed robbery at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) in Hawkesbury that occurred on December 23, 2009.
6) A break and enter that occurred at a residence in Lachute, Québec.
Yesterday, Vancouver Police arrested Pascal NORMAND, 32 of Lachute, Quebec outside a rooming house in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Also charged with robbery are:
Martin PAQUIN-LAROCQUE, 19 of Brownsburg-Chatham, Québec;
Vincent MAURICE, 18 of Brownsburg-Chatham, Québec;
Josee MAURICE, 36 of Brownsburg-Chatham, Québec;
France MAURICE, 39 of Hawkesbury Township, Ontario and;
Marcel LAROCQUE, 52 of Brownsburg-Chatham, Québec.
Robert ST-JEAN, 35 of Brownsburg-Chatham, Quebec was charged in relation to the break and enter in Lachute, Quebec with break and enter. He appeared in St-Jerome, Quebec in January, 2010 and pled guilty to the charge.
Plans are being made to return NORMAND to Ontario.
Further charges are pending.
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/OPP_News
SOURCE Ontario Provincial Police
For further information: For further information: Contact: Sgt. Kristine Rae, (613) 285-5479 cell,