TORONTO, June 1, 2017 /CNW/ - TVOKids interactive media and television programs were honoured with three 2017 Awards of Excellence by the Youth Media Alliance (YMA).
The winners included: Annedroids, a STEM program about a young genius inventor who builds robots in her father's junk yard; Giver, a series that works with kids to design and build new playgrounds in their community; and mathXplosion, a digital kids series that takes the mystery out of math.
"This recognition for our kids programming and digital content is a shining acknowledgement of TVO's leadership in digital learning and in creating innovative media based on the Ontario curriculum," says Lisa de Wilde, Chief Executive Officer at TVO. "Congratulations to all team members and production partners in receiving this acknowledgment for their outstanding work."
TVO was nominated for 12 awards this year, including a key nomination for TVO mPower, new creative online games that help build foundational K-6 math skills for students in the classroom.
All TVOKids programs can be viewed on demand at tvokids.com and on the TVOKids YouTube channel.
TVO mPower is available to educators at tvo.org/mPower.
TVO's YMA Award of Excellence Winners:
- Annedroids (The Mother of Invention) – Best Program, Live Action, Ages 6–9
- Giver (Amherstberg Sports Park) – Best Program, Live Action, Ages 9 +
- mathXplosion – Best Original Digital Content
TVO's YMA Award of Excellence Nominations:
- Hi Opie! (Opie's Ladybug Friend) – Best Program, Live Action, Ages 3–5
- PAW Patrol (Tracker Joins the Pups!) – Best Program, Animation, Ages 3–5
- Odd Squad: The Movie – Best Program, Live Action, Ages 6–9
- The Mystery Files (The Mystery of the Underground Railroad) – Best Program, Live Action, Ages 6–9
- Wild Kratts, Season 4 (Pangolin Rescue) – Best Program, Animation, Ages 6–9
- mPower – Best Original Interactive Content
- Science Max Interactive – Best Original Interactive Content
- Look Kool Online – Best Cross-platform Interactive Content
- Opie's Playground – Best Cross-platform Interactive Content
The YMA Awards of Excellence recognize outstanding Canadian screen-based kids content including television programming and digital interactive media.
As the technological extension of Ontario's public education system, TVO's vision is to create a better world through the power of learning. TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
Where to find TVO
For further information: Media contact: Paul Ginis, Public Relations Specialist, T: 416 484-2600 x2445, email@example.com