– Bryan Hayes, Jamie 'Noodles' McLennan, and Jeff 'The O'Dog' O'Neill become the new voices of TSN 1050's drive-home show: OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG, airing weekdays from 4 to 7 p.m. ET –
– Michael Landsberg joins the TSN 1050 team, kicking off the new daily lineup alongside Dave Naylor with the all-new NAYLOR & LANDSBERG IN THE MORNING –
– Andi Petrillo becomes Canada's first female daily sports radio host as the new voice of LEAFS LUNCH –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1XzUGjv
TORONTO, Feb. 18, 2016 /CNW/ - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Toronto sports radio is about to change, with TSN unveiling an all-new lineup of shows and hosts on TSN 1050 Toronto beginning Monday, Feb. 22.
The station's new lineup was announced this afternoon live on-air by hosts Bryan Hayes, Jamie 'Noodles' McLennan, and Jeff 'The O'Dog' O'Neill, who become the voices of TSN 1050's new drive-home show: OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG (weekdays from 4 to 7 p.m. ET). Also announced today is the pairing of Michael Landsberg – who joins TSN 1050 as a new host – and Dave Naylor with NAYLOR & LANDSBERG IN THE MORNING (weekdays from 5:30 to 9 a.m. ET), plus Andi Petrillo becoming Canada's first female daily sports radio host as the new voice of TSN 1050's LEAFS LUNCH (weekdays from 12 noon to 1 p.m. ET).
DOWNLOAD PHOTOS AND GRAPHICS HERE: http://bmpr.ca/1LvewVS
<<NOTE TO MEDIA: TSN 1050 Toronto hosts are available for interview. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.>>
Along with listening on AM 1050 in the Greater Toronto Area, fans can listen live at TSN1050.ca and on the TSN GO app. The station's podcasts are available on-demand at TSN1050.ca
TSN 1050 Toronto's New Daily Lineup
- 5:30 to 9 a.m. ET: NAYLOR & LANDSBERG IN THE MORNING – TSN 1050 Toronto's new morning show brings together informed opinions from two of Canada's most-trusted sports voices. Featuring a roundtable of regular Insiders and experts, including Steve Simmons, Bruce Arthur, Jack Armstrong, and Steve Phillips, hosts Dave Naylor and Michael Landsberg kick off each morning with thought-provoking discussion surrounding everything from the hottest headlines to some of the overlooked stories from around the world of sports.
- 9 a.m. to 12 noon ET: GAME DAY WITH MATT CAUZ – Host Matt Cauz continues to be joined by Gareth Wheeler and the top Insiders and analysts in the game to talk about what Toronto sports fans care about the most – with a little pop culture added in along the way.
- 12 noon to 1 p.m. ET: LEAFS LUNCH – Headlined by new host Andi Petrillo, LEAFS LUNCH remains the destination for everything Leafs. Featuring a rotation of co-hosts, including TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, and Pierre LeBrun, plus TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button and TSN Hockey analyst Dave Poulin, LEAFS LUNCH continues to be the source for trusted Leafs news and analysis, plus a daily look at what's going on around the league.
- 1 to 4 p.m. ET: RICHARDS 1-4 – Now featured in a new afternoon time slot, Mike Richards continues to bring his unique brand of humour to the biggest stories in sports.
- 4 to 7 p.m. ET: OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG – With a loyal following both on-air and online, Bryan Hayes, Jamie 'Noodles' McLennan, and Jeff 'The O'Dog' O'Neill become the new anchors of TSN 1050's drive-home slot. Now armed with an extra hour to deliver more fan-favourite segments like Grit Grinders, The Goat Tracker, and Gerry's Percentages, OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG will continue to talk sports and have fun. TSN Hockey analyst Ray Ferraro joins the show weekdays at 5 p.m. ET, joining a slate of TSN Insiders and experts who will contribute to the show regularly.
In addition to listening live on TSN 1050, TSN1050.ca and on TSN GO, fans can also watch LEAFS LUNCH weekdays at 12 noon ET on TSN4 and OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG at 6 p.m. ET on TSN2 (visit TSN.ca/TV for a confirmed broadcast schedule).
"We are thrilled to announce these changes to Toronto sports fans and add some entertaining new voices to TSN 1050. In the mornings, TSN 1050 will bring smart, informed debate from two of Canada's most respected broadcasters with Michael Landsberg and Dave Naylor at the helm. In the afternoons, we welcome a fresh voice to serve the LEAFS LUNCH crowd with an exciting new host in Andi Petrillo. And to everyone who asked for more Hayes, Noodles, and The O'Dog: we heard you, and you're welcome."
– Jeff MacDonald, Program Director, TSN 1050 Toronto
"Getting three hours of freedom to talk is really exciting. Naylor and I will do intelligent sports talk, but we'll have fun with it too. A couple things I promise: I will never back down and I will never let a foolish comment go unchallenged – even from Naylor."
– Michael Landsberg, Host, NAYLOR & LANDSBERG IN THE MORNING on TSN 1050 Toronto
"Michael and I will start off each day with some strong debate about the most pressing issues in sports. But we won't just talk about the obvious storylines out there. We'll dig deeper to find all kinds of stories that matter to Toronto sports fans."
– Dave Naylor, Host, NAYLOR & LANDSBERG IN THE MORNING on TSN 1050 Toronto
"I don't do quotes. Go ask Bryan."
– Jeff O'Neill, Host, OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG on TSN 1050 Toronto
"Noodles, O'Dog, and I are very excited to have even more time to do our show. The way I see it, the only thing that's changing is that we get to sleep in longer."
– Bryan Hayes, Host, OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG on TSN 1050 Toronto
"Me and the guys will do the same stuff at night that we did during the day. That means more Wrangler jokes, more 40/30 Grit Grinders, more Gerry's Percentages, and everything in between."
– Jamie McLennan, Host, OVERDRIVE WITH HAYES, NOODLES & THE O'DOG on TSN 1050 Toronto
"I'm really excited to join the TSN 1050 team as the new host of LEAFS LUNCH. The LEAFS LUNCH guys created such a fun format for the show, and I'm looking forward to carrying that forward while also putting my own spin on it."
– Andi Petrillo, Host, LEAFS LUNCH on TSN 1050 Toronto
As part of TSN's broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN Radio delivers world-class content across eight stations in seven major Canadian markets across the country. The TSN Radio family includes TSN 1050 Toronto, TSN 690 Montreal, TSN 1290 Winnipeg, TSN 1040 and TSN 1410 Vancouver, TSN 1200 Ottawa, TSN 1260 Edmonton, and TSN 1150 Hamilton.
TSN Radio's roster of live sports programming includes more championships than any other radio broadcaster in the country, including the Grey Cup, World Juniors, and Euro 2016. In addition to being the official radio home of the NFL and the Super Bowl, TSN Radio is also the official broadcaster of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks, Toronto Raptors, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, Toronto Argonauts, Ottawa Redblacks, BC Lions, Montreal Alouettes, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, World Hockey Championships, Daytona 500, and more.
TSN Radio is Canada's go-to source for trusted news coverage and analysis from TSN's best-in-class team of Insiders and experts.
TSN Radio is a division of Bell Media, Canada's top-ranked radio broadcaster, with 106 licensed radio stations in 54 markets across Canada, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Click here for a list of all TSN Twitter accounts
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across its industry-leading platforms including five national television feeds, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio stations across the country. With more championship events than any broadcaster in the country, TSN's deep and diverse roster of live sports programming includes the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship, Hockey Canada events, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Season of Champions Curling, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada and Rugby Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
Image with caption: "Andi Petrillo becomes Canada’s first female daily sports radio host as the new voice of LEAFS LUNCH (CNW Group/TSN2)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160218_C5879_PHOTO_EN_623880.jpg
Image with caption: "TSN 1050 Toronto (CNW Group/TSN2)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160218_C5879_PHOTO_EN_623882.jpg
For further information: Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, email@example.com; Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @TSN_PR