- Tenth consecutive monthly sales record for Lexus
- Fourth consecutive monthly sales record for Canadian-made RAV4
TORONTO, Aug. 4, 2015 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) today reported 18,344 units sold in July, an increase of 1.7% over 2014. Divisional sales for Toyota and Scion reported 16,481 units, down 0.8% over 2014, and Lexus with 1,863 units sold, up 30.4% over last year.
TCI sold a total of 9,906 trucks across all brands in July, the seventh straight month of record sales and 12.8% above the previous July record set last year. Additional July records were set for Toyota truck sales with 8,751 units sold, up 8.3% versus last year – as well as Lexus SUV sales, with 1,155 sold, up 63.1% versus 2014.
Among Toyota trucks, it was the fourth consecutive monthly sales record for the Canadian-made RAV4, with 3,287 sold, up 7% over last July. Additional monthly sales records for Toyota trucks and cars were set for Tundra, Tacoma 4X4 and Prius c.
For Lexus, it was a tenth straight month of record sales, with luxury car and SUV sales reaching 1,863, a rise of 30.4% versus 2014.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for July 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 16,481
- Passenger car sales: 7,730
- Corolla sales: 4,485 (up 1.9%)
- Camry sales: 1,329
- Scion xB sales: 77 (up 22.2%)
- Truck sales: 8,751 (up 8.3%) :: new July record :: seventh straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 3,287 (up 7%) :: new July record :: fourth straight monthly record
- Tundra sales: 964 (up 9.2%)
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 989 (up 19.3%) :: new July record
- Sienna sales: 1,319 (up 15.9%)
- 4Runner sales: 582 (up 63%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 1,057
- Prius family sales: 776 (up 15.8%)
- Prius c sales: 384 (up 49.4%) :: new July record
- Prius v sales: 254 (up 7.6%)
Lexus sales highlights for July 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,863 (up 30.4%) :: new July record :: tenth straight monthly record
- Luxury car sales: 708
- IS sales: 311
- ES sales: 172
- RC sales: 114
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,155 (up 63.1%) :: new July record :: seventh straight monthly record
- RX sales: 660 (up 1.7%)
- NX sales: 438
- GX sales: 48 (up 2.1%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 188
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. July sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to email@example.com.
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.