- Lexus achieves best sales month ever
- Best September ever for Scion sales, following debut of the all-new Scion iM
- Ninth straight monthly record for TCI truck sales
TORONTO, Oct. 1, 2015 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 19,336 vehicles in September, up 5.5% compared to last year, bringing the total for the first three quarters of the year to 160,949, an increase of 3.5% over 2014.
On a divisional level, Toyota and Scion reported September sales of 17,168, up 2% compared to 2014. Scion set a September sales record, with 563 units sold, following the debut of the all-new Scion iM at Canadian dealerships earlier this month.
For the Lexus division, an all-time best month was achieved with 2,168, up 44.4% compared to 2014. This was led by a best month ever of Lexus luxury SUV sales of 1,465 vehicles, almost twice the units sold compared to 2014. Lexus has now established 12 consecutive monthly sales records.
Overall TCI truck sales were strong again in September, with a ninth straight monthly sales record and a total of 10,838 units sold, up 14.3% over last year.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for September 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 17,168 (up 2%)
- Passenger car sales: 7,795
- Corolla sales: 4,371
- Camry sales: 1,495 (up 15.3%)
- Scion iM sales: 254 :: first month of sales
- Scion xB sales: 70 (up 40%)
- Truck sales: 9,373 (up 7.2%) :: new September record :: ninth straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 4,163
- Sienna sales: 1,194 (up 13.8%)
- Tacoma sales: 1,001 (up 21.2%)
- Highlander sales: 925 (up 26.7%)
- 4Runner sales: 562 (up 55.2%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 938 (up 9.5%)
- Prius family sales: 590
- Camry Hybrid sales: 272 (up 25.9%)
Lexus sales highlights for September 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 2,168 (up 44.4%) :: best month ever :: twelfth straight monthly record
- Luxury car sales: 703
- IS sales: 299
- ES sales: 230
- RC sales: 72
- GS sales: 40 (up 42.9%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,465 (up 99.9%) :: best month ever :: ninth straight monthly record
- NX sales: 815 :: best month to date
- RX sales: 587
- GX sales: 55 (up 14.6%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 147
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. September sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.