- Best month ever for Lexus; annual sales record set two months before year-end
- Best month ever for TCI truck sales, with tenth consecutive monthly record
- Best October for overall TCI and Scion sales
TORONTO, Nov. 3, 2015 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 19,174 vehicles in October, up 6.7% compared to last year, making it the best October ever for TCI sales.
At a divisional level, Toyota and Scion reported October sales of 16,891 units, up 4.2% compared to last year. Scion set another record sales month, with 541 units sold, up 84% compared to 2014, following the launch of the all-new Scion iM in September.
For the Lexus division, it was another best sales month ever, with 2,283 luxury vehicles sold, up 29.4% compared to last year. In addition to thirteen consecutive monthly sales records and a total of 18,545 vehicles sold to date, Lexus has already set an annual sales record with November and December months still to come.
It was also the best month ever – and the tenth straight monthly record – for TCI truck sales, at 11,586 units sold, up 22.3% compared to 2014. Highlights included October records for sales of the Toyota Tacoma and Canadian-made Toyota RAV4.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for October 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 16,891 (up 4.2%)
- Passenger car sales: 6,860
- Corolla sales: 3,236
- Camry sales: 1,489 (up 21%)
- Yaris sales: 921 (up 14.6%)
- Scion iM sales: 275 :: first full month of sales
- Truck sales: 10,031 (up 18.3%) :: new October record :: tenth straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 4,355 (up 14.9%) :; new October record
- Tacoma sales: 1,725 (up 85.7%) :: new October record
- Tundra sales: 997 (up 4.5%)
- Highlander sales: 946 (up 27.7%)
- 4Runner sales: 576 (up 41.2%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 1,020 (up 9.3%)
- Prius family sales: 605
- Prius v sales: 213 (up 4.4%)
- Prius c sales: 270 (up 5.5%) :: new October record
Lexus sales highlights for October 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 2,283 (up 29.4%) :: best month ever :: thirteenth straight monthly record :: 18,545 year to date sets new annual record
- Luxury car sales: 728
- IS sales: 355
- ES sales: 216
- RC sales: 45
- GS sales: 33 (up 13.8%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,555 (up 56.6%) :: best month ever :: Tenth straight monthly record
- NX sales: 840 :: best month to date
- RX sales: 654
- GX sales: 57
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. October sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.