- Second-best year ever for total sales, up 4.1% compared to 2014
- Twelfth straight monthly record and best year ever for truck sales
- Fifteenth straight monthly record and best year ever for Lexus sales
- TCI's hybrid sales were 13,629 units, up 0.6% compared to 2014
TORONTO, Jan. 5, 2016 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 209,050 Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles in 2015, up 4.1% compared to 2014. It was the second-best year of sales ever for TCI, led by the best year ever for sales of trucks, at 116,156, up 16.2% compared to 2014.
Toyota and Scion combined reported 2015 sales of 187,025 units, up 2% compared to 2014. Following 15 straight monthly sales records, Lexus established a new annual sales record in 2015, at 22,025 units, up 25.4% compared to 2014.
TCI's hybrid sales were 13,629 units, up 0.6% compared to 2014. That included a record year for the Prius c, at 3,029 sold, up 9.1% compared to 2014. It was also a record year for the Canadian-made RAV4, with 42,246 sold, up 15.3% compared to last year; Tacoma 4X4 at 11,235, up 20.3%; Tundra 4X4 at 10,686, up 12.2%; and Highlander at 10,412, up 6.8%.
Toyota Canada Inc. sales for December 2015 (vs. 2014)
- TCI total sales (includes Toyota, Scion and Lexus): 13,096 (up 5.5%) :: 209,050 for the year (up 4.1%)
- TCI passenger car sales: 4,590 :: 92,894 for the year
- TCI truck sales: 8,506 (up 18.3%) :: twelfth straight monthly record :: 116,156 for the year (up 16.2%) :: new annual record
Toyota and Scion division sales highlights for December 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 11,430 (up 4.8%) :: 187,025 for the year (up 2%)
- Passenger car sales: 4,114 :: 85,069 for the year
- Corolla sales: 2,280 :: 47,199 for the year
- Camry sales: 672 :: 16,805 for the year (up 4.8%)
- Yaris sales: 428 (up 18.6%)
- Scion iM sales: 179 :: 943 YTD (since its September launch)
- Truck sales: 7,316 (up 17.4%) :: new December record :: twelfth straight monthly record :: 101,956 for year (up 12.3%) :: new annual record
- RAV4 sales: 2,949 (up 12.4%) :: new December record :: third straight monthly record :: 42,246 for the year (up 15.3%) :: new annual record
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 930 (up 60.3%) :: new December record :: second straight monthly record :: 11,235 for the year (up 20.3%) :: new annual record
- Highlander sales: 769 :: 10,412 for the year (up 6.8%) :: new annual record
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 832 (up 47.5%) :: 10,686 for the year (up 12.2%) :: new annual record
- Toyota hybrid sales: 838 (up 27.5%) :: 11,551 for the year (up 2.6%)
- Prius family sales: 361 (up 9.7%) :: 7,150 for the year (up 2.7%)
- Prius v sales: 185 (up 134.2%) :: 2,497 for the year (up 8.9%)
- Prius liftback sales: 97 (up 11.5%)
- Prius c sales: 78 :: 3,029 for the year (up 9.1%) :: new annual record
Lexus division sales highlights for December 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,666 (up 10.4%) :: new December record :: fifteenth straight monthly record :: 22,025 for the year (up 25.4%) :: new annual record
- Luxury car sales: 476 :: 7,825 for the year
- IS sales: 214
- ES sales: 166
- RC sales: 27 (up 22.7%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,190 (up 23.6%) :: new December record :: Twelfth straight monthly record :: 14,200 for the year (up 55.5%): new annual record
- RX sales: 711 (up 24.7%) :: new December record
- NX sales: 383 (up 29.4%) :: new December record :: 6,127 for the year :: first full year of sales
- Lexus hybrid sales: 171 :: 2,078 for the year
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. December and year-end 2015 sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to email@example.com.
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.